G4 Registration

Lowka53

Re: G4 Registration

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 am

:lol: :roll: I haven't stopped :lol: since my frames have to built up by lamination it takes time :lol: I have one piece that is done and cut out I ended up with enough saw dust to cover all the flower beds with saw dust to hold moisture in them. and still had a couple of trash cans of saw dust left over. :lol: :roll: I haven't even went fishing or camping this year spent all my time at mil house working in the shop and that causes extra honey do list. on the list is redoing her bath room replacing her stove and laying new tile in kitchen with gardening on top. :lol: but it is all good I do get some work done every day even though it is slow.
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:36 am

:lol: Dave your amount of people coming to g4 may be off the glen-l has posted the event on face book on there page there I also placed it on my face book page as well so on telling the numbers you will get :roll: :wink: :lol:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am

Lowka53 wrote::lol: Dave your amount of people coming to g4 may be off the glen-l has posted the event on face book on there page there I also placed it on my face book page as well so on telling the numbers you will get :roll: :wink: :lol:

Of that I have no doubt

Bruce had some preliminary numbers last year that were exceeded by a number of folk just showing up. But that is great. We want any and all to participate
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 am

:lol: I agree more the better.
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 pm

One of the BIG things about registration is geatting a count for food and drink! It also gets people excited about coming.

We'll kick off "Food" in the next week or so. I know that I have already put it out there. But, this is the "Who, What and When",and how, part of it!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:41 am

Is there an official form to fill out for us that are coming without a boat and just spending Friday afternoon to Saturday noon? Rich and I would certainly like to chip in for food while we are there and join in on the fun.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

MARK ANDERSON

Postby MARK ANDERSON » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 am

To confirm, The Anderson's of Toronto will be coming again this year with our Super Spartan.
This year we are looking forward to actually having a decent in water experience as compared to the rough water of Guntersville last October. I may actually put some drain holes in the transom !!! We have reservations in one of the floating cabins and Iwill be seeking out some advice to get started on my next boat-the Zip. Maybesomeone can properly show me my way around the Glen L website so I can be more active on the site .There are 4 of us and if anyone wants to contact me directly use andersonhall@rogers.com or manderson@bcsaw.com

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:57 am

Mark,looking forward to seeing your family in a few weeks.

Should be interesting this year as there are several performance boats coming besides yours and Hod Rod's

Maybe someone will have a laptop and wi-fi at G4 and can show you around the site

Are you signed up for the newsletter and received the free boatbuilders 101 or whatever they call it?

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:54 am

Roberta - We are looking to add a registration form to the Gathering info sheet but for right now just notifiying Bruce or myself is enough. We have you now on the log

And Mark - glad to have you back. Yes, it was rather rough last year. Hopefully, this year will be a lot better. Looking forward to seeing you

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Nickajack is a smaller lake and more sheltered than Guntersville. There are some things to be aware of "Rock Piles". They are marked.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank you!! See you all soon.

Roberta

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 am

Lowka 53--thanks for promoting G4 on you FB page! I also created a "meet up" last week. I've never set one up for Glen-L before, but we use it with a club I'm involved in so thought I'd give it a try. Haven't had any bites yet.

Here's the link if you're interested--I'm the only "member" so far, so maybe if some of you join me it will increase our exposure:
http://www.meetup.com/Gathering-of-Boat-Builders/
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:Nickajack is a smaller lake and more sheltered than Guntersville. There are some things to be aware of "Rock Piles". They are marked.

Bill

Of course the phrase "smaller lake" is relative. That's like saying the Atlantic is smaller than the Pacific. Nickajack is still a very LARGE lake. lol There certainly won't be any traffic jams.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

So :!: Dave Lott

What is the current count and amount? Any idea about Friday and Saturday attendance?

I going to make all the stew I can afford. I'm looking at about 50 to 60 pounds, or that's 6 or 7 gallons. That should be 70+ servings or Friday night.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Rich and I will be there, Bill. Sounds yummy!!

Roberta

Return to “Gathering 2010”