FOOD! (The REAL THING!)

Bill Edmundson

FOOD! (The REAL THING!)

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

OK :!: Things seem to be starting to heat up!

Bill Shaw has said he will try to coordinate this with me as back up. Thanks :!:

KenS and I will start. We're coming in on Friday night. We'll have the usual Low Country Boil & Brunswick Stew. I'm planning to add Seafood Chowda this year. The numbers look like we may need some help. Friday night needs to be things that can say hot for a long time. Or, something that can be cooked in batches. People come in all evening.

Breakfast, Butch Barto and I both have big coffee and water urns we'll bring. I also have a griddle top that will work on my camp stove for the breakfast crew.

That leaves 2 breakfast, a lunch and Saturday dinner. We have some early commitments on some of this. But, I haven't confirmed!

It's PUT-UP or SHUT-UP TIME :!: :wink: :roll:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Re: FOOD! (The REAL THING!)

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Should I do omelets for Saturday morning breakfast again? I got the process down pretty good last year but my wife's not going to be there and I don't think my folks are coming this year either. So I'd definately need some help. But I would be thrilled to do them again.

If I do the omelets on Saturday, maybe Paul and Bruce will do the pancakes on Sunday again. I gotta tell ya, the low country boil and Canuck pancakes are definately worth their weight in omelets. Ha ha. :lol:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:59 pm

I'll bring my teeth and help you eat them! :lol:
If I'm still up I'll help you mix something or other.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Dave & Thud

Thanks! If Canada is in on Sunday, they already mentioned it, that gives us a start on Saturday and Sunday morning. THUD! Check Dave's cooler very closely :!:

We'll need some more teams. I think last year we had 3 or 4 stations working together in the morning. It took a team effort to cover it.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Bill, I'll gladly do some gumbo on Friday. It qualifies as something that can just be kept warm and eaten as people arrive.

Thudpucker, if your lovely Jena, Louisiana wife still wants collaborate on the gumbo, PM me and we'll make a plan.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Jeff

If ya'll do Gumbo I think we'l be close on Friday night.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:08 pm

BayouBengal wrote:Bill, I'll gladly do some gumbo on Friday. It qualifies as something that can just be kept warm and eaten as people arrive.

Thudpucker, if your lovely Jena, Louisiana wife still wants collaborate on the gumbo, PM me and we'll make a plan.

Good deal, We'll know more about that tomorrow evening.
Dick

Fabricflyer

Postby Fabricflyer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Sherry and I can do two Boston Butts on the smoker like we did last year. You want it on Fri or Sat night? Someone may want to bring buns to make pulled pork sandwiches.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:26 am

Let's plan for Canadians (and honorary Canadians) to host Sunday breakfast, per tradition.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 am

Our family has the paper goods as usual:

Plates,bowls,napkins,paper towels,
Plastic forks,spoons,knifes salt,Pepper

Cups,hot and cold

Folks,We really need to know a fairly good estimate on how many will be there for each meal period for planing food and support stuff,so please let Dave Lott or Bruce Dow know how many in your parties so we don't run short

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 am

I'll bring 5 dozen eggs, three loaves of bread, 3 lbs of butter for Saturday mornings breakfast and I will help make fried eggs and omlets.

Rich and I will be there Friday night and Saturday morning for dinner and breakfast. We usually skip lunch, but eat light if we don't.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks All,

Allen
Let's put the Butts and Saturday night. Things are a little easier this year with the boats not having to be moved to a different area on Saturday.

Roberta
Thanks, Dave will need the Saturday AM support.

You too, Warren & Debbie.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 am

I am bringing a decent gas grill. Let me know what else we need as I have lots of room. Unless you like burnt hamburger you dont want me cooking. I can be a good assistant.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

Oops, I missed this thread! Sorry Bill, been on the road too much.

Okay,

Let's try to nail down who's cookin' what and when. Just copy/paste the below info and add in your contributions please. I know several of you have already committed to bringing or cooking something so to avoid having too much one night and nothing the next let's try to repost all of it here again.

Friday Night:
Low Country Boil - KenS
Brunswick Stew - Bill E
Gumbo - Jeff

Saturday Breakfast:
Country Skillet - Bill Shaw
Eggs and Omlets - Dave Grason, Roberta and Rich

Saturday Lunch:

Saturday Supper:
Boston Butts - Allen and Sherry
Sakai Salmon - Bill Shaw

Sunday Breakfast:
Canadian Pancakes - Bruce Dow and the Canadian Contingency

Support Stuff:
Plates, Napkins, Cups...Warren
Gas Grill - John Amundsen
Electric Roaster - Bill Shaw
Coffee Makers - Bill E and Butch Barto

Obvious holes to me are Saturday Lunch, sides, and beverages. Is a Canadian Keg in the works? I'll gladly donate to the cause!

How about simple burgers and dogs for lunch on Saturday? If someone will bring the stuff I'll help cook it.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

John B

Postby John B » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:51 am

ttownshaw wrote:Oops, I missed this thread! Sorry Bill, been on the road too much.

Coffee Makers - Bill E and Butch Barto

I wonder if it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask for volunteers to bring another couple of large coffee urns, since the last couple of years it seems like we run out of hot coffee pretty quickly, and our turnout is likely to be even larger this year than the last.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Return to “Gathering 2010”