FOOD! (The REAL THING!)

BulldogBoater

Re: FOOD! (The REAL THING!)

Post by BulldogBoater » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:32 pm

So my Waffle Batter is not the malted type. But I do have Sweet Cream Batter and Buttermilk Batter available. Its the kind you find under the yellow sign. But if you thin it down and cut back on the eggs it makes a great pancake batter - if that is needed. I could bring a commercial waffle iron or two if needed also.

What kind of electrical service do we have at the pavilion?

KB
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
Strip Planked Skiff, Jet Squirt, 2 Tubby Tugs, Console Skiff, Modified Kingfisher (Last One #6)

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Run with it, I have my hands full with "rump of Axis"

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Is there enough electrical for me to bring a 2 crock pots for the evening meals Fri and sat?
We'll need to check. The Pavilion has hosted bands. So, I'll bet there is there.

I'm thinking somebody, maybe me, needs to take a trip up and meet with NJ management about final logistics.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I'll bring some extra extension cords and an industrial power strip. I recall having a discussion with someone about power access and was told there was plenty...but I've been known to have misplaced brain cells before too.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Fabricflyer

Post by Fabricflyer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:37 pm

If we having around 90 people, we're going to need more than the Boston Butts and Salmon.
We'll need some things to with them. As I remember, we hade quite a selection last year.

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:49 am

I have about 20# of "rump of Axis" for Saturday night.

Maybe this year, I can taste some of the other goodies. As I recall, all of ya'll, enjoyed everything so much that the platters were empty by the time I finished the elk. So, I am going to beat ya'll in line this year (with a club if necessary)
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Lewis Barrett

Post by Lewis Barrett » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:48 am

Bill,

I can run up there and check on anything for the group. I live about an hour or so from the place and can do it on Friday or Saturday.

Let me know.

David

MARK ANDERSON

Post by MARK ANDERSON » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:14 am

The Andersons will be happy to jump in where ever we are needed! If any one has a specific request for us please don't hesitate to let me know. As we are driving from Toronto any kind of food that could spoil won't be such a wise thing for us to bring but I do have a very heavy duty extension cord which I will throw on my truck,I might also have a 20 cup coffee perk
but I have to look in the dungeon!!!
Perhaps some Tim Hortons coffee as well!!

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:16 am

Chris, is there going to be anything in the crock pots?

Kevin, what would you like to bring? With the number of people we are looking at UPSpirate may want some help with plates, napkins, cups...you might shoot him a PM.

Fabricflyer, I'm looking at bringing around 50 lbs of Salmon, and the butts are huge. With 20#'s of Rump and chowda too I think we've probably got the main courses covered there.

Pony up people...I'm thinking we need some sides (salad, vegies, fruit...) and some "other" beverages. If I've missed anyone/anything on the list it was not intentional! Please copy/paste and add in your contribution or post it. I'll try to reread everthing and see if I can spot stuff I've missed.

Friday Night:
Low Country Boil - KenS
Brunswick Stew - Bill E
Gumbo - Jeff

Saturday Breakfast:
Country Skillet - Bill Shaw
Eggs and Omlets - Dave Grason, Roberta and Rich

Saturday Lunch:
Provided by Glen L - Gayle

Saturday Supper:
Boston Butts - Allen and Sherry
Sakai Salmon - Bill Shaw
Rump of Axis - Dave Lott
Chowda - Bill E

Sunday Breakfast:
Canadian Pancakes - Bruce Dow and the Canadian Contingency

Support Stuff:
Plates, Napkins, Cups...Warren
Gas Grill - John Amundsen
Electric Roaster - Bill Shaw
Coffee Makers - Bill E and Butch Barto
Coffee Caraf/Urn/thingamajiggy - Bill Shaw
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

vupilot

Post by vupilot » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:07 am

Bill, yes but I will leave it up to my father as to what we will put in the crock pots. Maybe, vegetable beef stew, chili or bean soup or something. Any requests?

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 am

mmmm....beans!
Bill

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am

Does anyone have a birthday this time of the year?

Last year there were 2 and Debbie & rest of family spent better part of the day scoring a cake and missed a lot of Saturday...maybe someone could provide a sheet cake for overall (I don't eat cake,but a lot do)

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 am

By the way--when I talked to Teresa at the Galley Rest. she said that they didn't know how they would seat 100 people. The restaurant apparantly has two levels but neither can hold 100. She also said that the Pavillion wasn't big enough for that many. A visit sounds like a good idea!

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am

I wonder about just having a dock party at the floating cabins if that's the case?? :?: :idea:

How far is the pavilion from the floating cabins?

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:29 am

I'd guess about 100 yards or so. Party at Warren's cabin every nite 'til sun-up!
Bill

Return to “Gathering 2010”