BruceDow

Re: FOOD! (The REAL THING!)

Postby BruceDow » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 am

That would be helpful.

Thanks.
B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:47 am

I'll bring an omelet pan, a spatula, a bowl and a wisk to whip the omelets up with. An extra pan would be good.

I heard someone was bringing paper plates and plastic utensils. Will there be some available for the breakfast on Saturday?

I could hard boil the eggs a day or two before the G4!! :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 am

All the plates and stuff will be there Fri afternoon until Sun morn,and will leave enough for Sun breakfast if we leave before breakfast is over

kcooper

Postby kcooper » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:34 pm

I will plan on bringing a pork tenderloin for either Friday or Saturday evening.

Kenny

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Kenny

Thanks. I'll get with Bill Shaw and we'll try to balance things out.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks all for your patience...been on the road again.

I'll work through all the food stuff today.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Long post but covering a lot of stuff.

Okay all, this is what I have people counted in for:

Friday Night:
Low Country Boil - KenS
Brunswick Stew - Bill E
Gumbo - Jeff
15 bean - Bill S
Pork Tenderloin - Kenny Cooper

Saturday Breakfast:
Country Skillet - Bill Shaw
Eggs and Omlets - Dave Grason, Roberta and Rich
Waffles and Sausage - Kevin Brown

Saturday Lunch:
Provided by Glen L - Gayle
loaded nachoes and cheese - darthplywood

Saturday Supper:
Boston Butts - Allen and Sherry
Sakai Salmon - Bill Shaw
Rump of Axis - Dave Lott
Chowda - Bill E
vegetable beef stew, chili or bean soup or something - Chris

Sunday Breakfast:
Canadian Pancakes - Bruce Dow and the Canadian Contingency

Support Stuff:
Plates, Napkins, Cups, Cooking Stuff...Warren, Roberta, Bruce
Gas Grill - John Amundsen
Electric Griddles - several but need a couple more
Electric Roaster - Bill Shaw
Coffee Makers - Bill E and Butch Barto
Wines - Kevin Brown
Keg - ?????
Extension Cords, Power Strip - Bill Shaw
Gas Heater - Bill Shaw

I'll be there a couple of days early. If I don't hear a commitment on the keg then I'll pick one up locally and leave a tip jar for contributions. My feeling is we are still missing out on some non-main dishes...it is somewhat potluck so if you want to add to this please do so. I still see a need for other drinks (water, tea, pop, OJ...) if you bring your own just bring a few extra to share. I don't think anyone is going to go hungry but let's make sure everyone chips in a little. If you are not bringing any food then help someone cook, set up, clean up and so on.

I broke my coffee urn pump thingy so if someone else has one then please bring it. Also, I'll keep an eye on the weather...right now it looks to get a little chilly at night for us southern folk so I'll plan on bringing my 80K space heater. If someone can bring a 17 lb canister of propane I'd appreciate it as all I have now is a 100 lb tank and it's a lot heavy to move around!

Again, I re-read everything but If I missed something then let me know or copy/paste and add it in. Also, if I have you down for cooking something on a day that is not convenient for you then please let me know.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

kens

Postby kens » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:28 pm

"If someone can bring a 17 lb canister of propane"

What is that? I heard of 20lb bottle of gas, LP gas, bottled gas, propane bottle, etc., etc.
What is a 17lb canister?

I use bottled gas, propane, or whatever to do Low Country Boil. Except that I have a 30lb bottle.
If, you can use it, I'll have some.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Great, thanks kens! Yep, I know...everyone calls them 20 lb'ers but they are actually 17 lbs...don't ask why cause I don't know. I find it odd because a 30 lb tank is for 30 lbs...same for 100 lbs. But a 20 lb tank only holds 17. Stranger more is the cost to refill a 17 lb tank is about the same price to exchange one...not true for a 30 lb or 100 lb. I'll bring a wrench and adapter hose. Thanks!

....back to the shop for me...got to hurry, only 21 days before I'm on the road to TN.
Bill

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Kegs... Bud Wilson is in hte beverage business in Jasper TN (very close). He may be able to help us out. Ken has been great for 3 years hualing them from Savannah. But, if we can take that off Ken and help a builder that is good. We have seed money from last year. (I paid the $0.38 income tax on it.)

I have cast iron griddle that I think will fit on my propane grill. I'll check. I aready cleaned and seasoned it!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:48 pm

I just got back and saw this too...I have a propane camp stove and griddle I will bring...I will also help cook breakfast on Saturday and also on Sunday if our northern brothers need/want help...

(If I get on a ladder I can see Canada from here, so maybe that'll be good enough, eh? And instead of Tim Horton's coffee, how 'bout a couple hundred of those Timbits!!! :D )

I also have a small mini-Weber grill if needed...charcoal...that I can bring if anyone wants to use it...or if we are short of stuff I can bring brats and/or dogs to grill...

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:09 am

Hi Bob,

Your help will be most appreciated on Saturday.The camp stove will be very helpful. I have a propane tank I can bring, if needed. Dave Grason will also be helping out and bringing some goodies to put in the omelets. I will be bringing 5 doz. eggs, 4 lbs of butter, and 4 loaves of bread. I will bring an omelet pan, mixing bowl, wisk and spatula.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:36 am

Bob Maskel wrote:And instead of Tim Horton's coffee, how 'bout a couple hundred of those Timbits!!! :D

I'm sure I could smuggle in a couple of hundred TimBits... but if I only brought 200, what would the REST of you eat? :wink:
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 am

Being we are now up to 75 posts with less than 3 weeks to go, I believe our real interest in eating and not boats. :lol:

And what is TIMBITs - sounds like KibbleBits :lol:
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Return to “Gathering 2010”