First Launchs @ G4

Bill Edmundson

First Launchs @ G4

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:27 pm

Are there going to be any first launchs this year? We always try to get pictures. If we're going to have several, it would be nice to stager them.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

S.D.G.

Re: First Launchs @ G4

Postby S.D.G. » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:11 pm

B.E. : Since you asked. Not sure if all the floor fab issues can be done in time . First paint on yesterday. Really a month ahead of schedule , but weather has been nice here in Tn. Will be a older style Guideboat 16 ft in the lines of a LO-Voltage / Dragon - fly with the tiller o/b thru the floor..! Rear transom to be high. Maybe some day a electric test bed for my brother -in-law, but the front seating comfortable & different. . Will bring latest photos if not on a trailer for Sat viewing.

.Have two items for the swap table ,as they are not going back on hull . large bow spot light (in Photo) has a cable knob turning feature, & the orig rear o/b SPLASHWELL drain tray . . One item needed TRANSDUCER pickup for a Hummingbird (Ala) digital depth dash unit HDR 610 .?? THANKS.
.......... ... Image
..Chattanooga Tenn river Gorge area.
......... http://www.SplitDeckGuideboats.webs.com

MARK ANDERSON

Postby MARK ANDERSON » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Hey , we are actually bringing the "Super Spartan " on a trailer this year so I don't have to assemble the whole thing off the back of my truck like last year. This year it will be back down and launch sooooo maybe we will be first in line ... By the way PLEASE I really hope to go for a few rides this year - last year we always seemed to be somewhere that the action was not taking place!!! As well , since I already have the plans for the Zip in hand I am really hoping that someone brings a Gentry, because thats going to be my third build!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Mark :!:

It was an injustice from last year :!: Sorry, we'll try to make it right this year.

As you know, there is so much going on it is hard to catch it all :!: :?

You have rides this year for sure!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Mabe I will bring my new project next year 16' outboard plywood I am building to buzz around the bay with.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 am

Yep, mine will get its first taste of being wet at G4. Calling it sea-trials, though, so no official dedication yet!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:31 am

AHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLL RIGHHHHTHTTTT
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am

Yep, she won't be whole but at least she won't have holes.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 am

ttownshaw wrote:Yep, she won't be whole but at least she won't have holes.

If she doesn't have a hole in it where are you going to sit????? :lol:
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:12 pm

On second thought...perhaps I should bring my waders.
Bill

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:02 pm

ttownshaw wrote:On second thought...perhaps I should bring my waders.

....and a very long antennae with a hanky tied to the top so we can find it after it sinks. :lol:

Ok, that's not funny. That's a joke one of my so-called friends made when he was explaining to me how David Grason was someone that didn't posess what it took to actually build a boat. Read my tag line and you'll get some more insight.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Yep, my jerk UPS guy that delivers here, said today I already had a skiff and didn't need another one after telling me I better put a huge automatic bilge pump in this one!

That's Ok, he has one of those huge McMansions,new cars, and kids, and can't afford to do anything!

I told him I don't have to send my boats to collage! :wink: 8)

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:Are there going to be any first launchs this year? We always try to get pictures. If we're going to have several, it would be nice to stager them.

Bill

Bill, et al;
Does a "launch redux" count? I am putting the 'nado back into the water for the first time in almost three years. I damaged the torque tube several seasons ago - no hull damage, thankfully - and completely un-rigged it to repaint it; took it to the bare hull, again. You know how one little thing leads to another, and another, ad infinitum. I'm just now completing the reassembly. Not too bad for one who took 17 years to build it in the first place...

I fired the motor today for the first time since the damage. I had forgotten how intoxicating the fumes of uncatalyzed premium fuel can be. This is going to be fun!
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN
"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

JPM98Keydet

Postby JPM98Keydet » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

v-driver wrote: I had forgotten how intoxicating the fumes of uncatalyzed premium fuel can be.

That rates right up there with hot mix asphalt pavement, diesel fumes, black powder, alfalfa hay, and fresh cut corn silage! oh.. guess that's the engineer and farm boy in me speaking.... :D

Return to “Gathering 2010”