who is arriving early

gaffrig24

Re: who is arriving early

Postby gaffrig24 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:08 pm

I spoke too soon, I just got word that I'm not flying out on Monday. It could be Tuesday or Wednesday or not even at all. I'll let y'all know when I find out. With any luck at all I'll go after the Gathering.
Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:15 pm

Keith

I'm on the road the week after the Gathering. I wish you the same luck! Hope to see you Thursday.

Bill & Lauren
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

MARK ANDERSON

Postby MARK ANDERSON » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 pm

The Anderson's are leaving Toronto about 10:00AM on the 22 sept. Plan to get to Kentucy by nightfall. Plan is to get to destination sometime on Thursday but don't know exactly when. My youngest son wants to see the goats that fall asleep somewhere in Tennessee so I don't exactly know when we will get there on Thursday

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:24 pm

MARK ANDERSON wrote: My youngest son wants to see the goats that fall asleep somewhere in Tennessee

You mean the Myotonic goats, better known as fainting goats?

Sorry, I've never heard of them. :lol:

Ok, I'm kidding. You're liable to see those critters just about anywhere in Tennessee. But you'd just have to find someone that has some. I knew a girl that had several but it's been several years and she either sold them or ate 'em. I don't remember but she doesn't have them anymore. I know they have a festival for them down in Lewisburg Tennessee which is about 60 miles south of Nashville down I-65. But I think they've already had it this year.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 pm

I be flyin' in morning of the 23rd....Dwain, The SKIIIIIIII KIIIIIINGGG......

darthplywood

Postby darthplywood » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 am

Dave Grason wrote:
MARK ANDERSON wrote: My youngest son wants to see the goats that fall asleep somewhere in Tennessee

You mean the Myotonic goats, better known as fainting goats?

Sorry, I've never heard of them. :lol:

Ok, I'm kidding. You're liable to see those critters just about anywhere in Tennessee. But you'd just have to find someone that has some. I knew a girl that had several but it's been several years and she either sold them or ate 'em. I don't remember but she doesn't have them anymore. I know they have a festival for them down in Lewisburg Tennessee which is about 60 miles south of Nashville down I-65. But I think they've already had it this year.

Man Dave, i live in Tennessee too and i have never heard of that!
Built the 17' Glen-L "Sea Knight"
yet to come...11' Glen-L "Utility"

kens

Postby kens » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Aren't the Myotonic goats guarding the bat cave from illegal intruders?
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:04 pm

I'll be on my way tomorrow afternoon :D . Mexico will have to wait. I'm packing my stuff and will hitch the boat up around noon tomorrow. I'm so happy to be able to attend this year. Lets party on the Whippoorwill! See y'all soon
Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:23 pm

I'll throw in some Bermuda Black Navy Rum

Yo Ho Ho.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 pm

darthplywood wrote:Man Dave, i live in Tennessee too and i have never heard of that!

Seriously? I mean no one calls them "myotonic." That's a scientific name that I just wanted to use to impress all a yall. :D

They're called fainting goats and nothing more.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Return to “Gathering 2010”