Last minute patches before leaving for the Gathering

tsmitherman

Last minute patches before leaving for the Gathering

Postby tsmitherman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Well, I may have bitten off more repair work than I can handle. I had a few minor repairs to do on the Bo-Jest, and wanted to put a fresh coat on paint on the hull.

But then I thought it would be great to add some length to my skeg before the Gathering, so I could check to see if she tracked any better. So I started a couple of days ago, and of course it took longer than I expected.

So it looks like I'll have a longer skeg, but all the little repairs and stuff may not get repaired/painted at all. I wanted my boat to look her best, but it's just not in the cards. Hope nobody minds having my boat sitting next to all the perfect ones :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: :wink: :wink:

See ya'll on Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Tom
------------------------------
36' 1969 Willard Aft-Pilothouse Trawler
Blog: www.genesisboat.blogspot.com

Knot-So-Fast (BoJest) SOLD

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." - Garfield

upspirate

Re: Last minute patches before leaving for the Gathering

Postby upspirate » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:01 am

when I was active into Street rodding,the stone chips and bugs in the radiator meant more to me than the high dollar trailer queens....your boat will be just fine!!! :wink: :D :D

looking forward to your boat...a seasoned veteran like Ray Macke's!,Butch Barto's,Bill E's,Bob Maskel's and everyone else that uses their's

Mark Chadwick

Postby Mark Chadwick » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:13 am

Hi

Thanks Warren for the encouragement.......I was out in the garage until about 1AM last night trying to get all the touch-ups done. Of course you run out of time and it is never the way you want it.

We will pull out around 7 tonight from Toronto - it is about 13 and a half hours so we will see you around supper on Friday - God willing!

Cheers

Mark C.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:17 am

At least you guys are bringing yours....I didn't get my rig to the point where I felt I could bring it....even unfinished!

Return to “Gathering 2010”