First Photo and more photos

Mr Hot Rod

Re: First Photo and more photos

Postby Mr Hot Rod » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:46 am

As usual, we had a real blast at this year's Gathering. My hat's off to everyone that pitched in to make it happen. Great to see Gayle, John and fellow boatbuilders.

We didn't snap many photos this year, so I'll offer up this Trip Report.

Long term lease returns
      - Bruce Dow was reunited with a paddle that I borrowed from him at G3.
      - Bill Edmunson was too busy to notice that I still had his dock fender from last year.
      - Dwain boasted that he's still up one borrowed fuel tank.

Parking lot
      - JohnA went the extra mile and brought the Monte Carlo. This one's going to be a real sweet boat !

More v-drives
      - Finally got to see (and hear !) Paul Miller's Tornado. Paul took his mechanical failure in stride and graciously offered up his fuel to his v-drive brothers (Garry Steinkamp and I). We thank him for the fuel, wish him a speedy repair and hope to see him again next year.

Jimmy70's hydro
      -Great to see Jimmy again. The tunnel hull is proving to be a challenge to tune but once dialed in, it will be a very smooth running boat.

Gary Steinkamp's Missile "Buzz Bomb"
      - Gary was just plain having too much fun out there. Hope to see you again next year !

Dave Lott's "Midnight Cry"
      - The only dock time this boat ever saw was to pick up passengers. Only boat running with a dedicated dock crew. We had to pry him away from the helm for a run in the Hot Rod !

Rides
      - Wrenching in the RV park in Thursday afternoon's heat almost killed us but we got the boat wired, plumbed and launched. Special thanks to Colin for getting everything ready and dialing in the engine. We're going to have some serious fun with this boat ...

- Ski King (Dwain Colton) had one of the roughest rides in the Hot Rod's short history. I swear the boys doubled their efforts to churn up the lake "real good" when they saw him climb aboard. I won't mention any names -- you know who you are !

- Dave Lott was really getting into his ride. Right hand firmly clamped on the passenger seat's leading edge, left hand gripping the Port gunwale. A slight rocking motion of his upper torso was a clue that some wave action was ahead.

- As we were approching the dock after John Brantuk's ride, he thanked me for the ride and muttered something about how I had really done it this time. Now he doesn't know which boat to build.

Special thanks to Gayle for Saturday lunch, the Sunday Breakfast crew (Bruce Dow, his Dad Brian, the Chadwicks) and everybody who pitched in.

The Gatherings are pretty special. On the long ride home we were making plans for next year's event.

Tugboat Alley.

KB waiting for a Sea Rescue call.

By the fuel pumps.

Before you know it it's time to pack up and head back home. We'll see you at G5 !

Building the Glen-L Hot Rod : http://www.boats.chelseacoachworks.com

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:14 am

Moons? :lol:
Nope! I miss my Nikon so bad. It broke and I took this Fujiyukkie :x from my Grandaughter as a standin.
Some how my fingers kept getting down over the lens.
All my photos are on Photo bucket. I edited in what I knew about, but if you you would, fill in some info, or maybe when the whole 2010 photo album comes out, the important stuff will be ID'd.

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/ ... ring%2010/

Mark Chadwick

Postby Mark Chadwick » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 am

Hi Folks

I uploaded my photo's here: Hi Folks

I uploaded my photo's here: Click here for Mark's Gathering Album
Please let me know if there are problems accessing them. These are down sized for the web. If anyone wants the high resolution originals let me know and I'm happy to provide them.

I don't think I took as many pictures as last year but at least it was for a good reason.....we were too busy out in the boats!

Thanks again to everyone for helping make this a great time.

Cheers

Mark

Note: link updated so hopefully you don't have to sign in - let me know if there are problems - Thanks!!
Last edited by Mark Chadwick on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:46 am

Mark,

I just requested to be added as a friend on Live. It said you only share that album with friends.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Mark Chadwick

Postby Mark Chadwick » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 am

Hi

Sorry about that I thought I had the URL correct. I'll add you and then see if I can get the url correct without the need for an account.

Cheers

Mark C.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Nice Pics Mark!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I was really looking forward to cadging a ride in Paul Millers "VeeDriven" for a taste of my youth again.

I did get a nice ride in Ken's Boat. What a nice craft that is. If I were younger and could go back to ALASKA for a summer again I might have stolen that boat from him.

The other boat was the same hull but with a Cabin (Cabin Skiff eh?) which I might have used as a second home in AK.
I would have Launched at Seward, and spent a long time out there in coves etc, eating stuff out of the water. I'd trade Sea life for fuel from passers by! :)

No way to bring back my youth, :( but looking at those G-4 boats sure brought back the wishes and dreams. 8)
Great show you guys. Thanks for the trip!:D
Dick

Mr Hot Rod

Postby Mr Hot Rod » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Colin scooped the action in Tugboat Alley (located behind the Cabins, right next to The Pits) :

The Girls out for a spin

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm

RIGHT ON!!!

Pirate's Wench

Postby Pirate's Wench » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Excellent Tug video Paul. They're adorable!!! :D :D
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

Mr Hot Rod

Postby Mr Hot Rod » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Here's the first cut of the boats out on the lake. I'll have to call in the heavy artillery to resolve issues with the video's output resolution. Call it another "Work In Progress" !

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looked a lil rough..... :wink:

edit.. the wader that is.... heheheheh

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:51 am

psychobilly wrote:SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looked a lil rough..... :wink:

edit.. the wader that is.... heheheheh

Psych- the water was rough because we messed it up big time. That lake was sweet most of the time.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:34 pm

That was good water. It kinda got rough right at the dock on the smaller boats. The rest of them didnt notice.
It was nice at night on that water. I would have fished all night under different circumstances.

Return to “Gathering 2010”