We didn't snap many photos this year, so I'll offer up this Trip Report.
- Long term lease returns
- - Bruce Dow was reunited with a paddle that I borrowed from him at G3.
- Bill Edmunson was too busy to notice that I still had his dock fender from last year.
- Dwain boasted that he's still up one borrowed fuel tank.
- - JohnA went the extra mile and brought the Monte Carlo. This one's going to be a real sweet boat !
- - Finally got to see (and hear !) Paul Miller's Tornado. Paul took his mechanical failure in stride and graciously offered up his fuel to his v-drive brothers (Garry Steinkamp and I). We thank him for the fuel, wish him a speedy repair and hope to see him again next year.
- -Great to see Jimmy again. The tunnel hull is proving to be a challenge to tune but once dialed in, it will be a very smooth running boat.
Gary Steinkamp's Missile "Buzz Bomb"
- - Gary was just plain having too much fun out there. Hope to see you again next year !
Dave Lott's "Midnight Cry"
- - The only dock time this boat ever saw was to pick up passengers. Only boat running with a dedicated dock crew. We had to pry him away from the helm for a run in the Hot Rod !
- - Wrenching in the RV park in Thursday afternoon's heat almost killed us but we got the boat wired, plumbed and launched. Special thanks to Colin for getting everything ready and dialing in the engine. We're going to have some serious fun with this boat ...
- Ski King (Dwain Colton) had one of the roughest rides in the Hot Rod's short history. I swear the boys doubled their efforts to churn up the lake "real good" when they saw him climb aboard. I won't mention any names -- you know who you are !
- Dave Lott was really getting into his ride. Right hand firmly clamped on the passenger seat's leading edge, left hand gripping the Port gunwale. A slight rocking motion of his upper torso was a clue that some wave action was ahead.
- As we were approching the dock after John Brantuk's ride, he thanked me for the ride and muttered something about how I had really done it this time. Now he doesn't know which boat to build.
Special thanks to Gayle for Saturday lunch, the Sunday Breakfast crew (Bruce Dow, his Dad Brian, the Chadwicks) and everybody who pitched in.
The Gatherings are pretty special. On the long ride home we were making plans for next year's event.
KB waiting for a Sea Rescue call.
By the fuel pumps.
Before you know it it's time to pack up and head back home. We'll see you at G5 !
Paul Kane Chelsea, PQ
Building the Glen-L Hot Rod : http://www.boats.chelseacoachworks.com