First Photo and more photos

Lowka53

Re: First Photo and more photos

Postby Lowka53 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm

:lol: I am probably driving people crazy on face book because I started a album there and have posted the pic's and updates there on my boat building page :twisted: :evil: :roll: :wink:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Trackhappy
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Building Gentry.

Postby Trackhappy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:05 am

I am so pleased you are all having a ball. I am studying tonight, but got some time on Gentry today afer finishing a complete engine rebuild on my Brothers bobcat. It looks a fantastic place!
Thanks for keeping us up to date.
By the time I have built a boat, I'll be ready to build a boat....

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:33 am

psychobilly wrote:Sorry Dave, I just think that the swim platform really shows her off. :wink:

Thanks for the update and the map was a great idear. That was neat to see for sure. That's too bad it almost over....

Safe travels back home to all.

Wow, I consider the platform just an appendage. Reckon, I will put it on for the show next weekend at Grand Lake. I have a 3 day turnaround and a lot of road time. But I have to put a automated bilge pump in the front half of my boat. I had to pull it each night because of the water it is now taking on. I shaft hole liner was cut thru by the shaft. Apparently in the first few hours I ran the boat the noise I occasionally heard was the shaft whipping and beating the inside of the shaft hole. The liner was cut and the beating separated the oak lams in the keel at the shaft hole so water is coming into the rearcockpit and running for to collect between the front seats. I will fix this over the winter but need to install a bilge right now for I won't be able to remove her over night next weekend.

Bill Edmundson came up with the map idea.

Got to ride in Hot Rod last night. What a great boat. I know Paul wants to more tweeking but that thing runs mighty fine for me.

On the road again.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Yessir, it really shows her off IMO...

Sorry ta hear about the whip. What do ya reckon caused it? Have you checked your shaft alignment since you did it the first time? I know in my MC manual it says to check this every season fo proper alignment. Maybe it's moved a lil since the break in period???

Yeah Bill, I liked the map! Great turn out!!!

Man Ken's boat looked awesome in that glass wader!!! SWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ken's I love that boat of yours but IMHO I reckon that wader line should be straight... It seems to obscure her true lines, nome sain. But man is she a beaut!!!!!

Happy and safe travels to all of ya!!!!!

On the road again, ***says this holding nose, so's ta sound like Willy*** just can't wait ta get on the road again... :mrgreen:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:58 pm

:) Think KenS actually came up with the Map idea. I just implemented.

I think everyone liked it. I may start a world map from the forum. Then post it from time to time.

Bill
I
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Thud,

Thanks for the pictures. One question. Who mooned you from above? :oops: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Now that is a full moon. :shock:
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 am

Let me know if you can't access these:

http://picasaweb.google.com/upspirate/Gathering2010#

darthplywood

Postby darthplywood » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 am

here's a couple of good pics we shot...
Attachments
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0807.JPG
Built the 17' Glen-L "Sea Knight"
yet to come...11' Glen-L "Utility"

switherington

Postby switherington » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 am

The glass Saturday morning spoiled me despite the drizzle. The chop later in the day reminded me of Guntersville. Bunch of beauties there, though. It was great to see everybody. Can't wait till next year!!
Eating an elephant is best done one bite at a time.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:55 pm

switherington wrote: The chop later in the day reminded me of Guntersville.

You don't suppose that all of the boat's at the G4 had anything to do with creating that chop, do you?

Nawwwwww! But hey, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, too. I'm stoked for next year's G5.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm

That was fun! :D I'm so glad I was able to make it this year. Boat builders are the best folks around, what a great time. I took a run up with Ken, Bob and Dave Lott on Thursday up to Chattanooga and beyond. I got some great shots of Dave's boat on the mirror smooth water and a few others. Check them out here http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc18/gaffrig24/G4Photos/

I also got some videos that I'll post later.
Thanks to everyone there for a great time, I'm looking forward to doing it again already....the party is on my boat!
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

kens

Postby kens » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Yeah, that was fun. Sorry I forgot my camera for the trip. The glassy water was pretty with the cutwater & chrome reflecting in it, it was better in real life. The pics dont do the scene justice.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Finally got all my pics on Picasa.

Sure wish I had taken more but I was too busy boatin'!

http://picasaweb.google.com/vupilot/Gathering2010#

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 pm

gaffrig24 wrote:That was fun! :D I'm so glad I was able to make it this year. Boat builders are the best folks around, what a great time. I took a run up with Ken, Bob and Dave Lott on Thursday up to Chattanooga and beyond. I got some great shots of Dave's boat on the mirror smooth water and a few others. Check them out here http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc18/gaffrig24/G4Photos/

I also got some videos that I'll post later.
Thanks to everyone there for a great time, I'm looking forward to doing it again already....the party is on my boat!

Keith - Thank you so much for the pics of the run. Those are great. I really wanted to go out on your boat but Midnight kept me quite busy. So reserve me a time slot next year.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 pm

you got it Dave, Thanks for the ride. I also have vids of you cruising around too. I'll get em to you soon
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Return to “Gathering 2010”