Thank YOU.

Bill Edmundson

Thank YOU.

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:11 pm

I just got home. I'm tired and had a great time! I'm going take a nap and come back later :!: But, Thanks to everyone.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Re: Thank YOU.

Postby Roberta » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:18 pm

We got home last night about 11:30 pm. Rich and I had a GREAT TIME!!!!! It was wonderful meeting all the people we have come to know on this website and finally put a face on all those names. Dave Grason looks a lot better than his avatar and what a talented fellow. We enjoyed all the great food and drink and the music was awesome. I need to brush up on my guitar playing and join in next year. We had a great time whipping up those omelets with Dave and look forward to doing it again next year. Special thanks goes out to Chris (Vupilot) and Dave Lott for the rides in their beautiful boats.

Hope to see you al next year,

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:21 pm

If you ask me, my opinionated opinion is one time of year stinks and smells worse than bivalves thats laid in the july sun at 110 degrees. :wink: :lol: :lol: The group is just too large and the addiction is too extreme to withhold treatment and medication of gathering with like minds and other addicts to once a year. :P

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Thank you Bill and everyone that contributed to making G4 as fantatstic as it was.

We just got home safely as well.

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I got home about Noon, tired and dehydrated from some thing I ate.

All my photos are in Photobucket.
I'd sure like someone to label them. I don't know then names etc.

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/ ... ring%2010/

Bill, I have your Tarp poles in my Barn. We can get together later on that.

In spite of the disease I had a great time and the choice of places was great as well.
PS: The ground is still moving for me. :D

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Ditto for me on all the prior thanks. Too many to name them all (and I'm lousy for not being able to remember names), but special kudos to Bill E., Dave L., Bruce D., John & Gayle B. Oh, and Chris for towing "VeeDriven" back to the hole and out of sight. Such shame for puking up all of his transmission fluid. Something he ate - lake weed or the like...

Being at my first Gathering was purty special. Let's do it again next year!
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN
"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

tsmitherman

Postby tsmitherman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks so much to everyone who worked to make G4 such a great success. We had a wonderful time. We didn't want to leave this morning, so after checkout we made one more river run down to the dam and back. Grandaughter Abby kept begging to stay another night!

Special thanks to Bill for help with loading the boat at the ramp.
Tom
------------------------------
36' 1969 Willard Aft-Pilothouse Trawler
Blog: www.genesisboat.blogspot.com

Knot-So-Fast (BoJest) SOLD

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." - Garfield

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Tom

If you had seen me coming in. You would have stopped and done the samething. :) That is what it is about :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Oyster wrote:If you ask me, my opinionated opinion is one time of year stinks and smells worse than bivalves thats laid in the july sun at 110 degrees. :wink: :lol: :lol: The group is just too large and the addiction is too extreme to withhold treatment and medication of gathering with like minds and other addicts to once a year. :P

Interesting Mike, Bill Shaw and I spoke checked in with each other while on the road and this exact topic came up.

Our thought is that there is a lot of folks in the midwest that don't come to the Gathering due to distance (some of us are diehards). So we got to talking about a Spring Fling at one of the lakes in Western Missouri or Eastern Oklahoma. We have a bunch of lakes within a few hours drive of each other. It would be a way to kick off the season in so I reckon we will start talking about that soon.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:05 pm

So we got to talking about a Spring Fling at one of the lakes in Western Missouri or Eastern Oklahoma.
That sounds great! I'd be interested in that.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:I just got home. I'm tired and had a great time! I'm going take a nap and come back later :!: But, Thanks to everyone.

Bill

Bill - I do believe a lot of gratitude has to go to you. This event has become quite large. Probably far more than you ever imagined with the small group got together a few years ago. I see all the work you and "Lola" put in and I just want to express my personal gratitude.

I am a phone call away if you need anything.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Just got home. It was a long ride in the constant rain but made it safe and sound. thanks to Bill and all the others that made this fun weekend happen. My wife had a great time and is already looking forward to next year.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:52 pm

We made it through the frog strangler up in Ga.

Got home around 12:20 AM

Thanks to all that came,all that helped,and all that held down the fort.

Warren & Debbie

switherington

Postby switherington » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:27 am

I'm up for it! Lake of the Ozarks sounds good to me. Mid to late April or early May.
Eating an elephant is best done one bite at a time.

kcooper

Postby kcooper » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:58 am

I want to add my thanks as well to all those who worked so tirelessly throughout the year in preparation for and anticipation of the event. What a great group of folk--helpful in every way!

Kenny

Return to “Gathering 2010”