Thank YOU.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Thank YOU.

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Lake Powell :!: Beautiful :!:

But :!: I've made the river run from Powell to Mead a couple of times. I don't remember any boats at the Gathering that would be up to it. :wink:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm

It's been MANY years since I last visited Table Rock lake. But I remember it vividly. It's a very lovely place and I would be up for traveling out there for a spring G. I might even cook Saturday morning omelets. (I said "might.") My vote would be for Table Rock.

We could build a pavillion and camp out in the Lott's back yard. LOL

What is Table Rock State Park like?

I used to live in St. Louis, Mo. for a while and we would run down to Table Rock to go to Branson. Often times we'd go trout fishing in Lake Taneycomo, which as I understand, is what the spillway from Table Rock flows into.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Table Rock State Park does not have any accomodations so that is out and the ramp is a pain as it is exposed to the wind.

My back yard is not campable. Dave !!! you were not paying attention. In order for me to get Midnight out of my shop the ground HAS to be dry and I must use 4x4 on the truck. It is that steep. Otherwise, we have an "beautiful" launch 400 ft straight down to the lake across a nice meadow, thru an oak thicket and splash.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:11 pm

DaveLott wrote:My back yard is not campable. Dave !!! you were not paying attention..

Well, I guess the house has got to go! It will be in the way of all our motorhomes. :lol: :twisted:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Soloboat

Postby Soloboat » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks to all, My wife and I had a great time, now I am going use the inspiration and all the great ideas from all those fantastic boats. Thanks to all for sharing and I promise not to forget the lyrics at G5.
Denzil
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Nice curves are easy on the eyes.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:Lake Powell :!: Beautiful :!:

But :!: I've made the river run from Powell to Mead a couple of times. I don't remember any boats at the Gathering that would be up to it. :wink:

Bill

yes i think they would not want to run the Colorado river lol unless they are on the other side of the dam at Powell just don't go to far to connect to the green river out of Powell :lol: not likley to happen :lol: either it gets pretty rough as well until it reaches flaming gorge
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:27 pm

I floated in Tues. nite, and I want to say I enjoyed the G-4 as much as the the other three....AND, NEXT YEAR, dammit, I'm bringing my BOAT...It was killing me not to have it there, just so I could give rides....AND of course I'd be driving..HAHAHAHAAHHA
Bob and I spent Mon. afternoon on his boat looking around to see if we missed anything(we didn't), but at least we burned up some gas....
THANKS to all the people who came and participated in G-4...The boats were all KOOL...
I was the last man standing(so to speak) Monday nite as I watched Bob go off into the sunset, with big alligator tears streaming down my face....Really lonely...........But, thinking of all the neat times helped.......
Dwain, the ever present ,SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....

daship

Postby daship » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:43 pm

We would be up for Lake Powell as well. It would give some of the west coast (left coast) builders a chance to get together
cheersd,
Donn

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:39 pm

If we WERE to do a Gathering at Lake Powell, which town would we use as our destination? I want to Mapblast the distances and travel directions.

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:09 pm

The best town for Lake Powell would be Page , AZ. Most of the other towns and cities are either too small or too remote to support this. Page has the Wahweap resort and marina as well as several grocery stores. The marina is quite large and has camping right next to it. Do a google map and you can see the layout. The resort rooms are reasonable and there are houseboats that can be rented. There are tours of the dam, raft trips (very pretty but no rapids) on the Colorado from the dam to Lee's Ferry where the whitewater rafters take off. Antelope slot canyon is nearby. Rainbow Bridge, Dangling Rope marina plus a plethora of canyons to explore. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is a day trip by car. It's a trek out there, but the roads are all good. No interstate nearby, though. I-70, I-40, I-25, and I-15 are probably the closest.

Maybe Rod could do some inquiries about how they could accommodate us. It would be a very exciting vacation for anyone venturing out there. I would plan on more than a long weekend, even for the Westcoasters.

Been there, Done that, Loved it, Want to do it again,

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Ok, I chose this address:

100 Lakeshore Dr.
Page, Az. 86040

Wow! From my house in Clarksville, Tennessee, it's a scant 1,611 miles. Yee Haw!! I'll just be over first thing in the morning. :lol:

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:01 am

Well, it's 1583 or 1632 depending on what route we take from East Troy, WI. Come on, Dave. Live a little. Get West of the Mississippi. :lol:

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:56 am

house boat rental are very comin and easy to get kls.com always has them listed lake Powell is still pretty good run for me to get to lol give me time and see what I can find out bear lake up north here is easyer to get info on they are closer :lol: but I will see what info I can get.

Edited here is a web page on what is there http://www.page-lakepowell.com/ checked on some of the house boats they could be pricey but they hold allot of people
Last edited by Lowka53 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:08 am

Dave Grason wrote:Ok, I chose this address:

100 Lakeshore Dr.
Page, Az. 86040

Wow! From my house in Clarksville, Tennessee, it's a scant 1,611 miles. Yee Haw!! I'll just be over first thing in the morning. :lol:

well everything out this way is far :lol: Table rock is 1240 mile more or less for me 409 mile to Page Az but roads are good to there for you you would take 70 to 15 south then highways 89 Utah roads are well maintained :lol: I know they work on them all the time they got better just before olypic they had here and have been keeping them up
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

Return to “Gathering 2010”