Great people
Great food
Great fun

Can't wait till next year

David

Gayle Brantuk

Re: Thank YOU.

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 am

John and I as well want to express our heartfelt thanks for all the hard work everyone put into this event. All of you who cooked are awesome! The Brunswick stew, gumbo, low boil, chowda, venison, salmon, salads, nachos, casseroles, chicken, eggs, bacon, bacon, bacon, pancakes, waffles and then some--WOW! Everthing was delicious. And, all of you who cleaned up, took out the trash, put out all the tables and chairs and easy-up's, etc. etc. are awesome. Thanks everyone.

Oh yes, and then there's the boats! That was a heck of a lot of fun. I so enjoyed talking to all of you and took home a lot of great stories. I've shown my father the little bit of video that I took as well as the photos many of you posted and he has thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of your boats. I do believe he's quite impressed.

Many of you shared with me about how pleased you are with the performance of your boats and I shared that with Dad as well. It's so rewarding for him to hear that. Of course, he also comments that the final result of any design is the proper building of it. Your fine work is a critical element. Great job everyone... thanks again so much.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 am

Great to see everyone again! And thanks to everyone for contributing something!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Mark Chadwick

Postby Mark Chadwick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Folks

We safely made it home around 7PM on Monday. Long drive in the rain!

We would like to express our thanks to all the organizers and contributors to G4.

It is definitely a good visit with friends, good food, a sense of enthusiasm for a common interest and the willingness to help others that provides such a wonderful experience.

Cheers

Mark & Lori Chadwick
Bull's Eye - Sparrow
Mississauga ON Canada

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 am

Oh, and thanks to everyone for giving so many rides this year!!!! That was awesome.

There was an elderly couple that I had a good talk with and invited them back down to the docks for the afternoon on Saturday. They got rides and were blown away! Said they've been going to wooden boat shows for years and years and never been offered a ride. I think they are still smiling. :D
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 am

ttownshaw wrote:Oh, and thanks to everyone for giving so many rides this year!!!! That was awesome.

There was an elderly couple that I had a good talk with and invited them back down to the docks for the afternoon on Saturday. They got rides and were blown away! Said they've been going to wooden boat shows for years and years and never been offered a ride. I think they are still smiling. :D

Same response I had with a young couple I took out. Tried to get a couple more to go but they had other plans to get to so I could not get them out.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

All,

Antoinette and I got home to California very early Tuesday morning. Nice, uneventful, on-time airplane ride - even caught an upgrade to 1st class on American. My drive back to Ohio with the boat on Sunday was long and rainy (as it was for most folks, I think).

Thanks so much to everyone who was involved with making this happen. I just had a great time. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures taken, I was too busy giving (and taking) boat rides. I showed Antoinette the pictures, and I think I've got her convinced to come next year - particularly if there is a spring gathering someplace like Lake of the Ozarks.

ALso, after looking at the boats (and showing my "better half" the pictures, I think there is a tubby tug in my future...

Great time, great boats, great folks...

Peace,

TRM

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 pm

What did she think of your award Terry?

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:17 pm

terrymc wrote:All,

Antoinette and I got home to California very early Tuesday morning. Nice, uneventful, on-time airplane ride - even caught an upgrade to 1st class on American. My drive back to Ohio with the boat on Sunday was long and rainy (as it was for most folks, I think).

Thanks so much to everyone who was involved with making this happen. I just had a great time. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures taken, I was too busy giving (and taking) boat rides. I showed Antoinette the pictures, and I think I've got her convinced to come next year - particularly if there is a spring gathering someplace like Lake of the Ozarks.

ALso, after looking at the boats (and showing my "better half" the pictures, I think there is a tubby tug in my future...

Peace,

TRM

Terry - If Bill and I arrange this it won't be Lake of the Ozarks. Even Butch's big Tahoe would get swamped at that lake.

It will be on Table Rock or one of the eastern OK lakes.

Over the next month, Bill and I will be conversing about this idea.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Lake of the Ozarks is way too crazy...especially on the weekends. Table Rock is much better and prettier in my book. Some others in NE Ok that are good quality/size are Skiatook, Oologah, Gibson, Grand, Hudson, and Tenkiller to name a few.

I like the idea of Table Rock though.
Bill

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 pm

How about Lake Ouchita in Western Arkansas. We vacationed there this past summer. Huge lake, nice scenery, and the water was smooth enough even for my Squirt.

Also, I've never been there, but what about Lake Eufala in Eastern Oklahoma?

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 pm

:lol: My vote would go to lake Powell in southern Utah and Az it will be warm and not to hot yet and a massive lake
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:44 pm

terrymc wrote:All,

Peace,

TRM

Terry,it was great riding in your world famous Squirt (no kidding....lots of people followed that build) before you decided to help control the weeds!

I usually forget to take many pics,but so many people do that I get to see them on here anyway.

Glad your wife is almost convinced to come next year, and our fun "award" didn't offend! :wink:

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Boy Terry, I really hated missing my ride in your Squirt. I was really looking forward to a ride with both you and BulldogBoater. Just when I was about ready to hunt you down I heard you'd been put out of commission. Never the less, I did enjoy meeting you and seeing your build in person after following it via your posts.

Melanie and I disussed the location quite a bit on the way home. There are so many positives about Nickajack, smooth water, nice scenery, cabins right on the water, location close to the interstate, shopping nearby to easily go get what you forgot to pack. The list goes on and on. We had some cleanliness and operational issues with our floating cabin, but all of the positives outweight that.

But the one big negative was the slime which took its toll on both jet boats, caused Lewis Barrett to minimize his runs, and may have been the cause of Paul Miller's transmission problem. It would be great if the milfoil were cleaned up prior to G5.

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 pm

I second the motion for Lake Powell. We could rent house boats and make a wagon train circle. Wahweap marina or Bullfrog. The resorts at both locations are awesome and the scenery at the lake and the journey to it are incredible.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “Gathering 2010”