best picture nobody got

gluedandscrewed

best picture nobody got

Postby gluedandscrewed » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:15 am

Gayle folding herself up to fit into Jeff's Squirt,,, all you could see was two knee caps!!!!!

BayouBengal

Re: best picture nobody got

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 am

Looks like my new favorite musician and singer, DarthPlywood, got the shot.

Here's how NOT to impress the owner of a boabuilding company.
1) Invite them out for a ride so that you they can experience your build
2) Open it up so that they get a taste of the enjoyment you've been having
3) Right about when you're ready to make some sharp turns and make the ride really exciting, run out of fuel
4) Demonstrate your emergency skills by successfully flagging down a fellow boater (thanks Dave Lott)
5) Enjoy the towed ride back to the docks. At least we didn't sink.

Gayle's a real trooper, though. There she is still smiling in my little boat even though it's beginning to rain and we're having to be towed in.

GLH

Postby GLH » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 am

That Gayle must be some great Lady.

switherington

Postby switherington » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:56 am

Jeff,

I know about the tow. Kevin had to tow mine back to the dock with his tug. Thanks for the ride. Your Squirt is a great riding boat. What happened to the old Johnson that was on it?
Eating an elephant is best done one bite at a time.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:21 am

Kevin had to tow mine back to the dock with his tug.
Now that is truly the best picture that no one may have gotten. It was too funny watching Kevin race out there to the rescue in his working Tubby Tug. Kevin, how much money did you make on that job?

I still have the vintage Johnson, but it just doesn't have enough power to really enjoy the boat. It's a great looking motor and runs well. If anyone is interested in buying it, PM me.

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:23 am

Jeff--the ride in your Squirt was still one of the highlights of the weekend! You just can't plan something that good. Sorry I didn't get in your beautiful boat again! Each year I miss so many rides... ahh, so many boats, so little time...

I feel like a broken record, but the Gathering seriously just gets better each year. John and I were talking about it on the way home and how it seems more like a family reunion than anything else. There's a real connection between us all--even those that came for the first time made similar comments.

As I'm writing this at my desk at Glen-L, I still feel the gentle rocking of the sea! Seriously... we were on something floating all weekend! I'll write more later--I talked to so many people and am still processing everything. Great time guys! Thank you for all you do....

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 am

Not the first time Gayle got towed in....but at least Jeff didn't take his clothes off & swim it in!!!

Right Gayle??? :wink: :shock:

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:43 am

upspirate wrote:Not the first time Gayle got towed in....but at least Jeff didn't take his clothes off & swim it in!!!

Right Gayle??? To Quote Gayle from her blog:

Then there was the time in High School that my girlfriend Joanne and I were out on the boat and the motor went out on us. The wind was blowing quite hard and we couldn’t get very far rowing. So, a couple of guys pulled up and we were really relieved for the anticipated assistance, until one of them whipped off his pants down to his skiveys and jumped in the water to help us. We were mortified. But, he pulled us back to the dock… :wink: :shock:

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:56 pm

upspirate wrote:
upspirate wrote:Not the first time Gayle got towed in....but at least Jeff didn't take his clothes off & swim it in!!!

Right Gayle??? To Quote Gayle from her blog:

Then there was the time in High School that my girlfriend Joanne and I were out on the boat and the motor went out on us. The wind was blowing quite hard and we couldn’t get very far rowing. So, a couple of guys pulled up and we were really relieved for the anticipated assistance, until one of them whipped off his pants down to his skiveys and jumped in the water to help us. We were mortified. But, he pulled us back to the dock… :wink: :shock:

Yep, I member that story :mrgreen:

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Ha Ha--good to hear you guys actually read my stuff!

gluedandscrewed

Postby gluedandscrewed » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:35 am

Jeff,,, thanks for not running out of gas on my ride!!!! gatta say the finish on your boat is something else,, wish i can get mine half as good...
and johnA,,, that monte looks huge on a trailer,,,,doesnt look half as big in my barn,,,

kmurphy826

Postby kmurphy826 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 am

BayouBengal wrote:
Kevin had to tow mine back to the dock with his tug.
Now that is truly the best picture that no one may have gotten. It was too funny watching Kevin race out there to the rescue in his working Tubby Tug. Kevin, how much money did you make on that job?

I got to ride in some great boats, hang out with a bunch of really terrific folks and spend more time in my tug than I have all summer. As far as I'm concerned, I was overpaid.

Return to “Gathering 2010”