Gathering Attendees

upspirate

Re: Gathering Attendees

Postby upspirate » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 am

tsmitherman wrote:I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had trouble putting faces/names/boats together. I have a suggestion for next year - lets assign someone to photogragh each participant as they check in, preferably with their boat in the photo, and record the name and forum name. We could then make an online directory so everyone could refresh thier memory.

Lewis Barrett mentioned this same thing at G-4 to some of us....we voted him to do it jokingly!

But seriously,it's not a bad idea to have maybe a PDF file compiled with names,boat pic and avatar and face pics for the attendees from the registered people list

I would do it, but don't know how....some of those tech things are just too hard for this dum truk drivr!! :wink:

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 am

upspirate wrote:
tsmitherman wrote:I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had trouble putting faces/names/boats together. I have a suggestion for next year - lets assign someone to photogragh each participant as they check in, preferably with their boat in the photo, and record the name and forum name. We could then make an online directory so everyone could refresh thier memory.

Lewis Barrett mentioned this same thing at G-4 to some of us....we voted him to do it jokingly!

But seriously,it's not a bad idea to have maybe a PDF file compiled with names,boat pic and avatar and face pics for the attendees from the registered people list

I would do it, but don't know how....some of those tech things are just too hard for this dum truk drivr!! :wink:

If I am allowed to help Bruce next year, I had already decided to do this very thing. No problems

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

tokins

Postby tokins » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 am

TOM and Peggy Larkins from Brandon Mississippi were there. Food was great, folks quite socialable, beer free flowing, many good looking boats, and you could get a free bath if you road in that droop nosed boat from Canada when he stuck the nose in a wave!! It was cool! Next year we are looking forward to and will bring another boat. I'll have some questions as the year goes along. I rough counted 80 to 85 people on the dock, Friday evening about dark, if that will help with the count. TOM :D

Return to “Gathering 2010”