Feed Back 2010

raymacke

Re: Feed Back 2010

Postby raymacke » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:04 pm

I forgot about the odor. :? Several times been sitting there waiting for the lock, which is nearby the park, and was treated to the smell of the mill. Hard to describe - but just have to experience it once and you won't forget it.
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 am

:lol: Its strange when I was driving semi truck I used to go to paper mill and pick uploads but the smell never bothered me much or at least I dont remeber it much now but I also used to go to the meat packing plants and after them the paper mill wasnt bad :lol: then there was the beer plants that smell still bothers me cant stand the smell of beer
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:27 am

Some of the smells of the OTR drivers in the truck stops are hard to take too!!!LOL :wink:

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 am

:roll: :lol: who had time for showers when your dispatchers gauge miles with a ruler :lol: I was lucky to find time to even get 4 hours sleep a day :lol: hey Denver to Chicago was a over night run :lol:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 am

Being selfish, Pickwick would be great for me. It's only 90 miles from me and my company owns a 10-room lodge (six bedrooms) there that I can use if it is not scheduled for company-related meetings. OTOH, the water is not great - too much barge traffic. And, of course, the paper mill...

I'd rather go to Kentucky Lake. Moors is fantastic! I worked in Benton some years ago and we spent a lot of time near the lake. I'll go there in a heartbeat. It can be really cold (below 60 degrees :P ) in Kentucky in late September.

I'll go to Hale's Bar, but under duress.
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN
"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

jamundsen

Postby jamundsen » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Has anyone heard back from Hales Bar?
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Yes,

The appointed "Point Man" has heard back. Great progress, has & is being made. Shortly he will have dates, rates, accomodations...all this info will be available.

We're trying to avoid overwhelming them with 50 different people calling about the same stuff. Rather, having one person voicing our issues and working deals for us is much better...for us and them. That way they know who they are accountable to and who will be calling to make commitments.

We've had these discussions behind the scenes and I think we just forgot that everyone needed to know that "Yes" contact has been made and responses have been given.

Hope that helps. Again, the information roll-out will be very soon!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

thudpucker

Another idea for our gatherings.

Postby thudpucker » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 pm

PhD's or aka "Piled Higher and Deeper" in our ranks are another interesting idea for the Gatherings.

I wanted to spend some time with a few of our Hi-Tech people.
I would loved to have caught guys like Paul Miller out in the open for an evening's conversation.
We might have had a sit-down with him for some candid Q&A's on Chemicals.

There are other Hi-Techies in our gatherings. They might be a bit peeved at us, but in the evenings, they can really help out with the 'not-so-hi-tech' answer's to some common questions.

Mark Anderson would have been good at talking about Tools, Metals, Hardening etc.

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Too much credit thrown my way, Thudpucker. I definitely fit the "piled higher" thing. Like the old radio ad used to say, "You should talk to my brother in law. He knows a thing or two about a thing or two."

Looking forward to the next time we meet.
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN

"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 pm

:lol: sounds like brother very much a over achever :lol:
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Miller is an over achiever. I'm an over wisher!

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:26 pm

:roll: sounds like me :lol:
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

Angelite32

Postby Angelite32 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 pm

I dont know how I missed this page but I will try to fix as many problems as possible. I would like to thank the people pointing out the water/ holding tank problem. It is true that the holding tanks are only so big and the more water is used the more often the tank will have to be emptied. Also I know its not preety(I really know :oops: ) but the honey boat is the only way to pump those end cabins and also is the best way to pump the middle ones. If they tried to use it less would have to stretch the hoses further. I was the girl working inside all weekend and hears several times that maintence was asked to stop pumping. Maybe we could set up times that would be suitable for pumping. ( maybe yall can plan like a side-trip once a day so you can still be together but wont be bothered by the pumping. Because without the pumping the same problems will occur. Also during our off-season here the cabins are being pulled out and worked on accordinally. On a plus note fl 11, the one with smallest holding tank( Nautical theme) will have holding tank work this winter.
Thanks
Leann :mrgreen:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Leann

Thanks for the update. I think all the issues are manageable. It sounds like you're on a check list.

Thank,
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2010”