List to address Hales Bar with

DaveLott

List to address Hales Bar with

Postby DaveLott » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Ok, I will build upon this list as I see comments over the next few days so that they may be addressed by our point person with Hales Bar

1. Sewer smell from holding tanks. Essentially have the tanks empty before we arrive, sanitized and treated with odor control measures
2. Relocate holding tank lines to prevent tripping hazards
3. Arrange for floating pavilion
4. Set aside grass area next to ramp for static displays
5. Weed control measures in marina area
6. Normal accomodation amenities
a. Sufficient towels and wash clothes - typically this is 4 large towels, 3 hand clothes and 3 hand towels and a floor mat for a 2 bed unit.
b. Change out of towels and wash clothes daily
c. Toiletry items including soap, shampoo and toilet paper (I was amazed that this was not provided)
d. Dishwashing liquid in kitchens
e. Fresh set of linens on 2nd day
f. All of these items should be changed or provided no later than 1pm daily
g. Office staff in convenience store has "stayover" bags containing an extra set of soft goods for anyone desiring them. I was amazed to not have our towels picked up from the front of the cabin and the office staff not having access to a fresh supply. No hotel in its right mind operates this way.
7. All PVACs in working order
8. Notification to slip renters that we will be there so there is no griping about all the "little boats"
9. Repair or removal of the loose bolts and broken hangers from the sides of the dock so that our boats are not damaged.

So that is the list as I see it now. As anything else comes up I will edit this list.

So any more requests?

dave

Oh, one more thing - cooperative BATS :lol:
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Grand Chillin

Re: List to address Hales Bar with

Postby Grand Chillin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Dave,
Bats aren't stupid. One of them looked out and saw you. He then informed the rest that the famous Dave Lott was floating in a boat at the cave's entrance. :shock: Not knowing if you were armed or not they all decided to stay home for the night. :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :P
I'm sorry. :oops: :lol:
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 pm

ROTFLOL

There are too many Daves on this forum. :lol: I read that post and I was thinking: "It's not my fault! I wasn't even there."

But then again, if I had been there with my own boat, the bats might have come out and decorated it with guano.

For those of you who may be reading this and wondering what it's about, I'll explain. At the G4 we kept hearing about the bats and Nickajack cave. You can only get to the entrance of the cave by boat. So a floatilla was formed on Friday evening to witness the bats coming out at sunset. I didn't get to go. But when everyone came back, no one had seen any bats. They just didn't show up the one evening everyone went to out to see them. Personally, I think that this was quite rude of those darn bats anyway. LOL
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Dave G,
After reading your post I now know what really happened. All the bats knew you were nearby and thought the floatilla was sent to gather them all up so you could put them to work. :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your right there are a few Daves on here so it looks like I need to come up with a nickname for you too. :D So far I have Oyster (Dean Boatbum), Missouri Dave (Professor Lott) it was that or Colonel Sand A Lott :wink: and the there is the nickname that I have for Pirate. But I can't post it here on the forum. :shock: :oops: :wink: :lol:

Your's will come to me shortly. :D
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Pirate's Wench

Postby Pirate's Wench » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Dave L, Thanks for organizing the list. :)
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:26 am

Dave Grason wrote:ROTFLOL

There are too many Daves on this forum. :lol: I read that post and I was thinking: "It's not my fault! I wasn't even there."

But then again, if I had been there with my own boat, the bats might have come out and decorated it with guano.

For those of you who may be reading this and wondering what it's about, I'll explain. At the G4 we kept hearing about the bats and Nickajack cave. You can only get to the entrance of the cave by boat. So a floatilla was formed on Friday evening to witness the bats coming out at sunset. I didn't get to go. But when everyone came back, no one had seen any bats. They just didn't show up the one evening everyone went to out to see them. Personally, I think that this was quite rude of those darn bats anyway. LOL

Well, the truth be known. They did come out. Right at dark. Chris, our photographer stayed and said all of a sudden there was about 1000 bats around him on that pedestrian view point. But he said they came out a hole up the mountain and not thru the cave entrance. So if Butch and I had stayed and dared tackle Nickajack at night to return amongst the swamp weed we could have seen some a lot of bats.

NOW back to the list young men.
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

kens

Postby kens » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:21 am

Dave,
More dock cleats
Oh, the grassy area is not really the ramp, but the area between the travelift & store for our static boats.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:31 am

Is this place a hotel or are they cottages? I would personally expect a hotel to have things that a cottage would not have when I rent them.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:37 am

Nova SS wrote:Is this place a hotel or are they cottages? I would personally expect a hotel to have things that a cottage would not have when I rent them.

Normally in tent camping you bring your own towels and pay about 15 bucks a night depending on where you camp. Even the toliets can smell but rarely the toliets are next to your blow up doll that you are using to sleep on or sleep with either. 8)

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:45 am

HEY, leave my blow up doll out of this :twisted: :roll: :lol:

But seriously with most cottages I have rented over the years, linen, bath towels, face clothes etc were not included. Toilet paper (at least one roll) should be included or if they require something special, ie single ply or biodegradable etc they should include that. Yes in a hotel/motel etc these things are included and would be expected but I'm not so sure when you rent a cottage that these items should be expected. With that being said though the sewer smell and subsequent backup into the shower is something you should not have to deal with. The smell in itself is bad enough but the backup is a health hazard.(think e-coli)

Did Hales bar imply they offered a house keeping service? Their site makes no mention of it so I wouldn't have assumed they would offer many of the services that are being discussed here.

Pirate's Wench

Postby Pirate's Wench » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 am

Oyster wrote: Even the toliets can smell but rarely the toliets are next to your blow up doll that you are using to sleep on or sleep with either. 8)

:shock:
~~~Never walk in the footsteps of others, or you won’t leave any of your own.~~~

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Ok, since I have not received anymore comments to add to the list, I am going forward with this list.

Time to get to work

dave
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Pirate's Wench

Postby Pirate's Wench » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 pm

DaveLott wrote:Ok, since I have not received anymore comments to add to the list, I am going forward with this list.

Time to get to work

dave

Thanks Dave! :D

Return to “Gathering 2010”