Please Help Me With Some G4 Questions

Dave Grason

Please Help Me With Some G4 Questions

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:01 am

I hope I'm not being somewhat uncool in posting these thumbnails up here, but there was so much going on at G4 that I just didn't get to talk to everyone that I wanted to and I haven't remembered everything I wanted to remember. Let's face it. It's hard to carry a notepad around and jot down notes when there's so much happening. But I've got my curiousity up and viewing the Glen-L online photo album has reminded me of a number of questions I wanted to ask, a number of people I wanted to talk to, names I wanted to remember and folks to contact about some ideas for G5. I'm copying and pasting the thumbnails from John & Gayle's online page. I don't know how to get them to expand, but if anyone wants to see them in better detail, they're certainly there for the viewing.

So to begin, I'm curious about this guy. I'm thinking that this is Paul Miller who brought his V-drive boat in from Memphis. But I could be wrong. Paul, if you're reading this, you are one of the guys I was really looking forward to spending time with and it just didn't work out. Sorry about that. But maybe we can get together in the near future.
Attachments
tn_Gathering%202010%20287[1].jpeg
tn_Gathering%202010%20287[1].jpeg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Dave Grason

Re: Please Help Me With Some G4 Questions

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:04 am

Next is this guy. I don't believe I ever did get his name. He has a gorgeously beautiful, deep bass singing voice. I'd like to talk to him before G5 because if he's going to attend there, I'd like to work up some songs that he can sing and I can play on the guitar to accompany him.
Attachments
tn_Gathering%202010%20164[1].jpeg
tn_Gathering%202010%20164[1].jpeg (7.32 KiB) Viewed 2407 times
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 am

The next person that I talked who's name I want to remember is the fella standing between Gaffrig and Butch Barto's wife. He's in the olive green shirt and looks like he's taking a digital photo. He was at the G1 but I had not seen him since then. And he IS a member of this forum but, for the life of me, his name is completely lost in my feeble mind right now.

This is the guy that had the oak laminations that he bent using Smith & Co's "Oak and Teak Epoxy." The bends he put into white oak were amazing and he gave a lot of credit to the Oak and Teak epoxy for being able to really adhere to white oak. I'm thinking that I will want to get his input when I build my Mist Miss because I want to use white oak from the frames.
Attachments
Gathering%202010%20402[1].jpeg

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 am

Here's another foto of him with his back to the camera and he's sitting down on the dock with his daughter. His daughter took a ride in Sam's Malahini with us and she was just a golden addition to our passenger list.
Attachments
tn_Gathering%202010%20270[1].jpeg
tn_Gathering%202010%20270[1].jpeg (8.77 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 am

Ok, this is the last question for right now.

On Friday, Chris Atwood and I were out in "First Born" and I was taking some videos and stills of Colin Anderson in his Super Spartan. So I got to know Colin. But I absolutely cannot rembember Colin's older brother's name. Can someone help?

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 am

The guy in the two pics is BillE on the forum.....he was at G-1 with the crazy cuban and they stayed on his sailboat....Catalina 22 I think it was

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:31 am

YEAH!! Thanks Warren. I'll contact him about the Oak and Teak epoxy.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:20 am

Sadly, I must admit the unbecoming first picture is me, Jeff, aka BayouBengal. I think John Brantuk took the picture while I was giving him a ride in my Squirt, with the idea being he'd take a picture of me piloting my boat while he's riding in it just as he did with the many others he took a ride with. Problem is, there's not enough room in the Squirt to get the camera for enough away to take this shot. Not a very good picture, I wish they'd delete it from the pics board.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:40 am

Dave,

This guy: Image is a friend of mine that I brought to G4. He plans to be at G5. His name is Kent Cordray...but he's not a member here on the forum.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Jeez, I was calling Kent "Purdy" when his name is "Cordray"? Boy can I get off on the wrong track.

Colin Anderson s older brother, the Student is David. Quiet, intelligent, and when things slow down you find him reading something while Colin goes out for some adrenalin of a different type.

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 pm

BayouBengal wrote:Sadly, I must admit the unbecoming first picture is me, Jeff, aka BayouBengal. I think John Brantuk took the picture while I was giving him a ride in my Squirt, with the idea being he'd take a picture of me piloting my boat while he's riding in it just as he did with the many others he took a ride with. Problem is, there's not enough room in the Squirt to get the camera for enough away to take this shot. Not a very good picture, I wish they'd delete it from the pics board.

No way you can ask to delete this pick Jeff!!! That's the face of a happy and proud bayou boat builder!!! :wink:

tsmitherman

Postby tsmitherman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Here's another foto of him with his back to the camera and he's sitting down on the dock with his daughter. His daughter took a ride in Sam's Malahini with us and she was just a golden addition to our passenger list.

Attachments:

tn_Gathering%202010%20270[1].jpeg [ 8.77 KiB | Viewed 56 times ]

His name is Bill Eason, and his daughter is Ellie.
Tom
------------------------------
36' 1969 Willard Aft-Pilothouse Trawler
Blog: www.genesisboat.blogspot.com

Knot-So-Fast (BoJest) SOLD

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." - Garfield

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 pm

upspirate wrote:The guy in the two pics is BillE on the forum.....he was at G-1 with the crazy cuban and they stayed on his sailboat....Catalina 22 I think it was

This just goes to show how crazy my mind works sometimes. I couldn't remember Bill's name, but I remembered with absolutely no problem whatsoever, that the crazy cuban at G1 was named "Hector." Now I ask you, why in the world would I remember THAT and NOT Bill's name? I think I should go get examined........ again. ....soon. :lol:

Oh and here you go. Why would I forget that Colin's older bro is named David? Jeeze, that is such a DIFFICULT name for ME to remember. :?

BayouBengal wrote:Sadly, I must admit the unbecoming first picture is me, Jeff, aka BayouBengal.

Ok, it's all coming back to me now. But now, I don't know which attendee was Paul Miller. :P

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Here's a shot of Paul Miller coming to the Ramp in that rampaging "VeeDriven"
Paul Miller.jpg

Return to “Gathering 2010”