Please Help Me With Some G4 Questions

v-driver

Re: Please Help Me With Some G4 Questions

Postby v-driver » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Dave,
I am sorry, too, that I did not have more time to spend with you - and many others. There was so much activity that it was difficult to make all of the connectione one would like. Jeff is much younger than I and probably better looking, too. I'm simply not qualified to judge on that point...

For a while, it seemed that Jeff and I were "joined at the hip"; he was being so helpful with me and my transmission problem. I don't fault you for misidentifying him and me.

Thanks, too, for Thudpucker straightening out the photos.

I got the tranny problem straightened out. It was a simple problem. I had it at lake Lanier, near Gainesville, GA, all last week. It ran like it should for the three afternoons we were on the water. BTW, that's a great lake, if any are unfamiliar with it. During the drought a few years back it was really low. the lake is back, now, and the place is absolutely beautiful. None of that terrible milfoil to mess with.

Thanks for asking, Dave. We'll get to know each other better at G5.
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN
"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Paul.

It is great to hear that the transmission problems were not serious, and that you are up and running again!

For those that watched me struggle through my problems with my engine cutting out... I pulled the whole fuel system apart and found a little blob of silicone in the fitting at the exit of the fuel tank. It was about 1/4"... just enough to wedge itself intermittently in the inside of the hose barb. Thanks to Colin and Hot Rod for rigging up the "hillbilly tank" that I was able to run with for the fun on Saturday afternoon and evening.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Bruce,
Likewise, I'm glad to hear that you fixed the problem. It was frustrating for us who watched you (with lots of help) struggle to make that motor run. I can only imagine how frustrated you were. Anyway, things like G4 make us rush to completion and we make "convenient" mistakes. I know that's true in my case, for sure.

I learned not to use silicone where it has a possibility of becoming one with a fuel system or lubrication system - because it eventually will! I've built a lot of VW, aircooled motors and learned this the hard way, early on.

Here's to G5! Looking forward to getting together when we can.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 am

If you're scared, then say you're scared
We were going so fast I couldn't talk because the wind would blow the words back into my mouth. But yes, I was very scared.

Paul, great to hear that you've gotten your transmission problems fixed and can now scare the living $h!t out of some other people.

Melanie and I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to seeing you at G5.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 am

BayouBengal wrote:....and can now scare the living $h!t out of some other people....

Me next!! LOL :lol:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Dave Grason wrote:
BayouBengal wrote:....and can now scare the living $h!t out of some other people....

Me next!! LOL :lol:

*** PB has hand held up over his head wave'n it side to side scream'n***

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!! :D :D :twisted:

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:55 pm

ROTFLMAO!! :lol:

Wow, Paul's gonna have us all lined up next year.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 pm

And the honey barge will be doing double duty it sounds like!!!LOL :wink: :lol:

v-driver

Postby v-driver » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm

upspirate wrote:And the honey barge will be doing double duty it sounds like!!!LOL :wink: :lol:

We can always install one belowdecks! I haven't been down there yet, but I bet there's room... :D

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Dave, did you ever think that ...just.....maybe...not everyone...would like ....to ....talk........heheheheHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHEHEEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH, Da Ski King.......SNicker, chortle, snork.............

Return to “Gathering 2010”