2010 Gathering Location! Lake Nickajack TN/Hales Bar Marina

vupilot

Re: 2010 Gathering Location! Lake Nickajack TN/Hales Bar Marina

Postby vupilot » Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Heather and I would like to do soft shell Taco's one night. Just might need some extra skillets to cook the beef.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon May 24, 2010 4:34 am

Dave Grason wrote:
Bill Edmundson wrote:BTW: Dave Lott is great galley slave!

I can attest to that. He did great when we did the 3 egg omelets on Sat morn. A big "Thumbs Up!"

Now Dave - if you recall, you and your ex did such a wonderful job with them that I barely had a chance to break many eggs much less do anything else with that. The kudos are all to you.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 am

I posted a new separate food topic....seems people are starting early !!! :shock:

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon May 24, 2010 4:49 am

DaveLott wrote: ....I barely had a chance to break many eggs much less do anything else with that.

Many hands make light work. :)
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 pm

HAH! Ain't no way I'm sleepin' with Dave...Either on Bob's boat or on the dock....Seriously, should be comming in the motorhome.....Wife already agreed to it....BUT, I'm still ridin' in Daves boat if he gets it done (or it floats). And I'll spend time with Bob...If he'll have me...snicker, snicker...Am really looking forward to it.........Dwain, the Ski King.........

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 am

[quote="Dwain Colton Skiii Kiiing"]HAH! BUT, I'm still ridin' in Daves boat if he gets it done (or it floats). quote]

Dwainnnnnnnnnnnn........I assume you are talking about Dave G's boat
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 am

DaveLott wrote:....Dwainnnnnnnnnnnn........I assume you are talking about Dave G's boat

Yes, I owe him big time. At this past year's G, I rode all day long in Dwain's boat when Gail and John had the video guy out on the lake taking vids for the DVD. Dwain even let me drive the boat for a while. It was an absolute royal BLAST. I cannot even remember when I've ever had so much fun in one day.

But also, we talked about the style of windshield that I was looking for for my Zip. Dwain said he had one and I could have it if I wanted it. But getting it to Nashville from Oregon would be the trick. Anywho, a few weeks after the G, amazingly this windshield showed up via UPS. Yup, it was from Dwain. It's going to fit the Zip very, very nicely. So Dwain's done a lot for me, my enjoyment of this hobby, my project and, well, ....... just EVERYTHING. Oh yeah, I owe him.

Thanx so much, Dwain.

At the '08 Gathering, Dwain wasn't able to go with Bob Maskel and me on our trip to Chattanooga. I really felt bad for him because Bob and I had a really good time. You know, there are some people that are good friends but you wouldn't want to travel with them. Then there are others that traveling with them in a confined area for long hours wouldn't be a problem at all. Bob Maskel is this 2nd kind of guy and I just know that Dwain would be that way too. I still lament that Dwain couldn't make the trip with us.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 am

Dave Grason wrote: Anywho, a few weeks after the G, amazingly this windshield showed up via UPS. .

Don't tell me we got it there undamaged!!! :wink: :oops: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 am

Now mind you Warren, it's an old old windshield. If it was brand new, why of course it would've gotten damaged. :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Well :!: We have over 3 months to go! We're going to have a lot of new boats!

We don't have a count, yet. But, I think the commitments already are close to last year's total. Most people commit in the last month. I think this will be the biggest yet.

I don't know if Nickajack will be a better location or not. If it is not, we can move for G5.

I do know the people will make it fun :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:05 pm

I can only relate to G3 but, I agree Bill, this year seems to be gathering a lot of steam to be something special.

dave
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:13 pm

My God! If half the new boats, that are being launched come, This is really going to be BIG!

I don't know if the Gatherings have started more builds and they are now coming in or what. But, we want you to come!

The cabins a Hales Bar are filling up. I sure there are still RV spots and I know there is still a lot of camping in the area. The location is only 2 miles of I-24. So, there are many hotels in the area that are easy access.

Food and Drink may be a bigger challenge this year! But :!: I'll bet we can overcome that :!: :wink:

Come On Down :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Bill wrote:
"Food and Drink may be a bigger challenge this year!"
I heard that it is a wet county; wet 24/7.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Ken wrote
I heard that it is a wet county; wet 24/7.

Bud Wilson is right there in Jasper TN and is in the business. I'll bet he can solve this one!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

tsmitherman

Postby tsmitherman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Bill, upspirate, Bruce, or ????,

Can we start a new thread for everyone to post the type (and maybe a photo of the) boat they are bringing?

Or maybe there's an easier to way to keep a running list (?).
Tom
------------------------------
36' 1969 Willard Aft-Pilothouse Trawler
Blog: www.genesisboat.blogspot.com

Knot-So-Fast (BoJest) SOLD

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." - Garfield

Return to “Gathering 2010”