River Run 2010

DaveLott

Re: River Run 2010

Postby DaveLott » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:02 am

I plan to run both days. I will go down with the group on Thursday who are locking thru to look at the other lake and then return.

Friday I will make the run again.

My numbers show only a 33 mile run. That would be a little over an hour one way without pushing it. Should be able to make both runs on one tank of fuel.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:32 am

kens wrote:Bump.....How many folks want to stay overnight somewhere in Chattanooga?
How many want to do a day trip to Chattanooga?
this is a Thurs morning departure from Hales Bar
bump again...I am leaving here on Saturday, arriving at Hales Bar late Sun night probably. Depending on the plans here for Thursday I am going to try and make Knoxville and back beforehand...
The question...is there anyone staying overnight in Chattanooga Thursday? (Sounds like most folks are making day runs and returning to Hales Bar for Thursday night) Also, any idea of when the group might leave Thursday morning? Thanks...not trying to pin anyone down, just want to be able to hook up with the group, it was fun meeting beforehand last year...

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:37 am

Bob,

I think Kens was wanting to spend the night. I was planning on just a day trip but am second guessing it...not sure I want my first splash to be a long river run. Might hitch a ride with someone though for the run if anyone offers.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

kens

Postby kens » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:49 pm

The plan is to leave early thurs morning, lock thru and see the upper lake. I got room for someone to ride.
Last year was a fun time overnite in Chatennooga, but thus far few have comitted to a overniter.
Bob & I so far, who else wants to join to make it a mini-gathering?
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

kens

Postby kens » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:33 pm

I heard from Bob Maskel. He already run up to Knoxville. Likely pick up Dwain Ski Kinnnnggg in Chattnooga runnin back down
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “Gathering 2010”