River Run 2010

kens

Re: River Run 2010

Postby kens » Sat May 22, 2010 7:08 pm

(why do I have to accept a option 3 of my own post?) :? :shock: :(
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Mr Hot Rod

Postby Mr Hot Rod » Sat May 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Just trying to summarize options in one post ... My apologies if I've offended you.

Mods : Please delete the post if it's confusing the issue !

Building the Glen-L Hot Rod : http://www.boats.chelseacoachworks.com

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat May 22, 2010 9:21 pm

I thought I replyed to this. But, It is gone.

Anyway, Paul. If you want to make a one day trip I'll carry fuel for you if you need me to. You probably don't need it. But, we'll do it, no problem!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun May 23, 2010 5:26 am

I intend to only make the day runs and come back to Hales Bar each day. I may have to attach an anchor to Paul to slow him down.

I see that Chillin has build a little row dingy. We could use it as a "trailer" to carry fuel for Paul. :lol:
Last edited by DaveLott on Sun May 23, 2010 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun May 23, 2010 5:39 am

I feel that maybe what Kens is proposing should be set up as far as a jumping off time and place and itinerary for those that want an overnite and scouting run

EVERYONE can set that as a starting time and place(launch ramp& time on Thurs)

Anyone at the launch at that time that just wants to do a day run or side trip can discuss that with whoever shows up and they can just split up as the run occurs.

Different people can do some or all ....we don't have to agree on just one deal for the run.

Remember, K.I.S.S. and have fun guys!!! :wink: 8)

kens

Postby kens » Sun May 23, 2010 7:30 am

I liked Bruce's idea of a Poker Run. He mentioned it on page 1 of the post. This could be cool to incorporate into the lake exploration.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Grand Chillin

Postby Grand Chillin » Sun May 23, 2010 12:30 pm

DaveLott wrote:I see that Chillin has build a little row dingy. We could use it as a "trailer" to carry fuel for Paul. :lol:

Dave,
I would gladly offer the services of the Kid Row (aka Pond Hopper). It has already been used as a cargo vessel. I used it last month to ship Pirate some tools and supplies. Hoping to get him off his rear and into gear. Looks like it worked. :wink: I am guessing it would hold enough fuel to get Paul out of the no-wake zone. :lol:
Kid Row 002.JPG
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 pm

kens wrote:Now that we have settled on Hales Bar as the Gathering, I am proposing a River Run 2010.
With all the homework several of us did to find a Gathering place, I propose the upcoming River Run to do 2 things:
1. A great scenic cruise with fellow builders
2. Scope out future possible Gathering sites.
As much trouble as we gone thru this year for a site, we should have contingency sites in some sort of database for future reference. Chattanooga is centrally located for the most travellers so let's use that as a base area of excursion.

I am proposing a River Run upriver on Thursday prior, to lock thru Chickamauga in the A.M. Explore Chickamauga Lake for sites/marinas/State Parks. My research as advocate for Chattanooga revealed a whole lot of marinas on Chickamauga lake. There is 2 parks, 4 marinas, with ramps within few miles of the dam. Scan the area and the marinas just keep on going on and on. Of all these, one is probably a good site to investigate.
thurs evening lock back down river to Chattanooga and stay the nite there, perhaps on the DQ. there is 3 ramps near the DQ to investigate.
Friday return to Hales Bar for the Gathering.

Anyone else interested?

Thought I'd bring this back up towards the top again...probably need to make reservations at the DQ if some of us are meeting there Thursday night like last year, either on the way in or after running up from Hales Bar. That sure was a nice night and a great way to start out the weekend...Bruce, Hot Rod, Dwain, Ray, Ken??? Who else???

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Dwain Colton Skiii Kiiing wrote:Yeah, Bob, I'm with YOU...Unless Dave gets his BOAT DONE......

I got room for you both on the ol' Sea Knight if you want...we ain't all 3 sleepin' on it though... :shock: :mrgreen:

kens

Postby kens » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Bob, I am glad you brought this back up. It is time to make reservations. I'm in. The DQ is supposed to have a new dock space. There is other places to stay also.

kens

Postby kens » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Bump.....How many folks want to stay overnight somewhere in Chattenooga?

How many want to do a day trip to Chattennooggaa?

this is a Thurs morning departure from Hales Bar

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:22 pm

I'll be a day tripper.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I am a day tripper as well
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm looking at leaving on Friday about 10 a.m. Then run Chattanooga have beer on the Delta Queen, and coming back to greet people. Hopefully, we can run with the Thursday group coming back.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:14 am

How many people have a preference for a Friday day trip to Chattenogga.??

Return to “Gathering 2010”