Where is the RV parking?

Dave Grason

Where is the RV parking?

Post by Dave Grason » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:03 am

I got a PM from Gary McCusker trying to get a feel for walking or driving distances between the RV area and the floating cabins. Gary, and I'm sure others as well, is deciding whether to bring the RV or just reserve a cabin. So here is my response because I couldn't attach a photo to the PM:

Gary-

I'm attaching a photo of the remains of the old Hale's Bar dam. This is where the resort is and they are using this place for dry storage. As you look at the photo, neither the cabins or the RV park is showing, however, the cabins will be directly to the right of this building and the RV park will be to the very left, on the other side of the building from the perspective of the photo.

You can catch a glimpse of how it's all laid out if you mapquest Haletown, Tn. From the Maquest star, you'll need to click and drag your way up stream, due north, until you find this building. It will be at the end of Seradino rd. Switch to arial view and you'll get an idea of the layout.

The bottom line though is that, IMO, it's likely less than a half a mile stroll down to the cabins from the RV park. I hope that helps.

Dave

Well Darn. I see that I can't attach the photo of the old Hale's Bar. So I'll put a post on the open forum in the Gathering 2010 board and put the photo there.

This photo BTW, I got from Ray Macke's site. Thanx Ray
Attachments
tn010[1].jpg
tn010[1].jpg (14.74 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Where is the RV parking?

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:00 am

The pavilion is in line with the old powerhouse. The floating cabins are about 100 yards downstream and the RV/Camping and some land cabin are 150 to 200 yards upstream.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 am

Well, he could work with Grand Chillin, put some pontoons under his camper and float with the rest of us folk.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Fabricflyer

Post by Fabricflyer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Using Google Earth and their measuring stick, the RV pads are 1,600 feet from the the floating cabins.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:33 pm

:lol: Ok! Maybe I lied. It's still not far.

Or, we could look for another place.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:51 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Bill, April Fools is still four months away. :lol:
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:46 am

Bill Edmundson wrote::lol: Ok! Maybe I lied. It's still not far.

Bill

Ok Bill,you are in charge of that!!LOL :lol: :wink:

Gary McCusker

Post by Gary McCusker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:24 am

Tx for info "Dave G" I got a really good view of the Marina and I've also come to find out a Gentleman I work w/ grew up near the old dam,he says it is HAUNTED. Waiting to hear from My Folks in regards to what they would like to do. In the mean time I will start the retro fit on my camper for the float mod so I can be right next to and really up close to DAVE LOTT and Warren........FUN FUN FUN............. HE HAW HOTDOG NICE GIRL THAT MARY BAILEY BUILDING&LOAN CLARENCE GOT HIS WINGS HELP ME BILL EDMUNDSON.....HELPME..........MERRY CHRISTMAS BEDFORD FALLS.......MERRY CHRISTMAS.................................McCusker

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:41 am

It's a wonderful life... Gary! It's on tonight.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Dave, I'm on it.

Gary,

Here is what I would suggest. Build the 32' x 8' Super Huck. (That would give you a load capacity of almost 4800 pounds.) Secure your camper on the deck and you are ready to camp out with the other floating cabins. Another thought I have, you could get with the horse power guys on here. Have them soup this baby up. Then you could make the river run too. :lol:

Chip
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Grand Chillin wrote:Dave, I'm on it.

Gary,

Here is what I would suggest. Build the 32' x 8' Super Huck. (That would give you a load capacity of almost 4800 pounds.) Secure your camper on the deck and you are ready to camp out with the other floating cabins. Another thought I have, you could get with the horse power guys on here. Have them soup this baby up. Then you could make the river run too. :lol:

Chip
Heck,he could just get a spare engine from work!!! :wink: :lol:

Gary McCusker

Post by Gary McCusker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:21 pm

I like Warren's idea!!!!!! Then the sail boat builders can get a "BLAST" and be to the DQ before all the other BOYS. How Kool would that be!!!!!!! I think KENS would scrap his D/E for one of them Cat Boats!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY Burt, My Mouth' bleeding.......... Merry Christmas Mr. Potter........... McCusker

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:37 pm

What the heck have you guys done to my thread? :lol:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Dave Grason wrote:What the heck have you guys done to my thread? :lol:
Your thread has been nuked with a tomahawk loaded with GPS coordinates since we found out Quartermaster Bill was a bit rusty in his plotting and navigation skills. :lol: :lol: :P

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:23 pm

You have to remember. I'm a sailboat guy in my heart. Distance is not that important.

A power boater is alway trying to get somewhere. A sailer is where he wants to be when he gets on his boat.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2010”