Central PA, Interested in 13 1/2' skiff

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

edfrompa

Central PA, Interested in 13 1/2' skiff

Postby edfrompa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:24 am

Kayak fishing losing its' charm, looking for something with a little more creature comfort including use with trolling motor or small outboard. Like the lightweight, conventional ply build as opposed to stitch and glue (just personal bias, but...).
We travel a lot -small motorhome - and tow a small trailer for yaks, bikes, fishing and snorkel gear, etc. Probably will modify yak racks to accomodate skiff , maybe upside down on top of other gear.
We're retired, '70's, travel with our Cattle Dog, Brianna. We hunt, fish, bird, rockhound generally camping in national, state or county parks. Not much for RV Resorts and such.

Ed and Diane Mann, Selinsgrove, PA

chugalug

Re: Central PA, Interested in 13 1/2' skiff

Postby chugalug » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 am

sounds like a power/row skiff from Glen-L to me. :roll:
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

edfrompa

Postby edfrompa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 pm

yeah, me too.
hitting sites on the Web and visiting yards and builders on East coast. Lots of lightweight stitch and glue - plans, kits, workshops, etc - and some heavier conventional build ply. BUT, as far as I've seen so far, the GlennL skiff is the lightest conventional build and , at 13 1/2', big enough for 2 adults, a dog and a bit of gear.
I'm thinking 30-40 lb thrust electric and/or 2 1/2 hp, 4 cycle outboard.
I'm 99% sold with no close runner up in sight but I'd like to see a few more construction details/facts before mailing a check. Didn't see a $10-15 info pack listed - probably because it's pretty simple.
Love to hear from any owner/builders.
Ed

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Sounds good! Go for it!

I think I would go with more power though, like 6hp.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”