New Member in Ottawa Canada

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Anthony Kita

New Member in Ottawa Canada

Post by Anthony Kita »

Hello Glen-L community!

My name is Anthony, I'm a new member embarking on my first Glen-L build this year.
I've been lurking around the forums for a few years but this is my first time formally joining and posting.

I want to say thank you in advance to all of you for being an inspiring and supportive community. From all the posts and threads I've read in the past I know that all of you make the Glen-L forum a great place to be.

Regards,
Anthony
There are known knowns, but there are also unknown unknowns, things that I don't know that I don't know.
Building a boat is teaching me a lot about my unknown unknowns. I'm always learning that there is more to learn!

Ibrew2be

Re: New Member in Ottawa Canada

Post by Ibrew2be »

Welcome to the forum, Anthony.

What boat are you planning to build?

Barry
Barry Shantz

Imp built and launched.

Currently building Ken Bassett's Rascal

Anthony Kita

Post by Anthony Kita »

Hi Barry, thanks for the welcoming.

I have decided to start with the Squirt, it seems to be a common choice for a first boat and I should be able to complete the build in my single car garage.
There are known knowns, but there are also unknown unknowns, things that I don't know that I don't know.
Building a boat is teaching me a lot about my unknown unknowns. I'm always learning that there is more to learn!

JimmY

Post by JimmY »

Hi Anthony,

Welcome, we need another Squirt builder! Fun little boat!
-Jim
Nothing says poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape!

Anthony Kita

Post by Anthony Kita »

Hi Jim, thanks for the welcome!

Your squirt build thread was actually one of the first sources of information that I found online, and it certainly influenced my boat choice. Your detailed posts & pictures helped to clear a lot of the confusion I had, so thank you for all the inspiration and help you've already given!

I hope to start a similar build thread to document my progress soon.

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Welcome Anthony and I completely agree that the folks on this Forum are amazing! Glad you're part of our group and building the Squirt. It continues to be the top seller in terms of plans, for sure! Enjoy your build.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”