New member in Ivyland Pa

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Roger Laureno

New member in Ivyland Pa

Post by Roger Laureno »

Hello
My name is Roger Laureno and I live in Ivyland, (Bucks County)Pa. I am in the first steps of building a Barrelback and have decided to build the 20' option. I have been scouring this board and have already learned a lot from all of you guys. Sometimes just looking at the photos that you post helps to answer questions I have about how things are done.The more I study the plans, the more I am sure I will be leaning on you guys for answers and advice. Thank you all in advance for that.
I need to thank Neel Thompson for turning me on to Starke Millwork in Bangor,Pa for my mahogany . Very nice people to deal with (Marianne is a sweetheart). I placed my first order with them a week or so ago and am getting excited to begin building the frames. Neel is from Collegeville so we are practically neighbors.Hope to meet him someday.
I am almost done the layout board and am planning to make templates from 1/2" MDF and use a pattern bit and router table to make the real parts.
Again, thank you all for your help and support
Roger

hoodman

Re: New member in Ivyland Pa

Post by hoodman »

Welcome! Have fun!
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Roger... If you would like to come over some day, I would love to meet you and answer any questions you may have. I am in the middle of a build now that you could take a look at. It is a "cold molded" hull just like your BB. So send me a private message here on the forum and I will give you my phone number and address. Maybe I can save you some time and money as you start your build. Best of luck to you.... Neel

Roger Laureno

Post by Roger Laureno »

Hi Neel,
It was great to hear from you and thank you for your kind offer. I would love to see what you are working on. I tried to send a private message but I do not have those rights yet.
Roger

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Hi Roger. Welcome to the forum. Neel is a great source of information and a great guy to get to know. I've been to Neel's and seen his builds. I would definitely try to get there. If you feel like driving to NJ I'm not far from you either. My work is nothing like Neel's, but you are welcome. As far as PM's and posting pictures. I think you need three posts. So make one more and your good to go.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Roger
Once you have 3 messages you'll have full rights.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roger Laureno

Post by Roger Laureno »

Thank you Bryan.I have been following some of your stuff as well . It would be great to take a ride to NJ to meet you and see your work as well.
Roger

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Roger.. You can call me at 610-246-8332

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”