Hello from the new owners of Glen-L

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

JoshFromGlen-L

Hello from the new owners of Glen-L

Post by JoshFromGlen-L »

Hi All,

I just wanted to stop by the forum to say hello. I’d meant to do it sooner, but as you might expect, things have been a little crazy as we’ve just become the new owners of Glen-L Marine.

I addition, my wife Anika and I and our three employees also operate http://www.duckworks.com and http://www.smallcraftadvisor.com , so we’re keeping plenty busy up here in Port Townsend.

As for Glen-L, our plan is mostly to stay the course, but we’ll look to make some improvements to the website and to add some new designs before too long. As I mentioned in my letter to the e-mail list, I’m a longtime fan of the whole “Glen-L universe,” and one of my first boat building projects was a Minuet.

A few of you have looked at the Duckworks site to see if the Glen-L plans were posted there. While we’ll likely add them there at some point, we plan to keep the Glen-L site running, not to fold the companies together—so keep your eye on glen-l.com and boatdesigns.com for all Glen-L related updates and information.

We thank you for your patience as we learn the ropes here. I’m a sailor who has built a few small boats and sailed hundreds, but I have plenty to learn about many of the Glen-L designs—especially the powerboats. Hopefully some of you folks will be willing to help us answer builder questions when Gayle and John (who have been exceedingly helpful) finally get tired of our e-mails and phone calls!

Oh and by the way, we just booked a cabin at the Gathering, so we look forward to meeting many of you in person in September. Should be a lot of fun!

Please keep in touch.

Regards,
Josh Colvin

josh@glen-l.com

Roberta

Re: Hello from the new owners of Glen-L

Post by Roberta »

Looking forward to meeting you and Anika at the Gathering. So glad you are keeping the Glen L designs available and the company viable. I will help in anyway I can.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

kens

Post by kens »

Hello and good to see you on the forum.
The Gathering is a lot of fun, good people, and, boat rides. Should expect many powerboats there to see, examine, and get rides.
Newsletter Archives is a treasure trove of information on the Glen-l webpage.
I can help any way I can.
Looking forward to the G15.
Ken
Oak..........the juice ain't worth the squeeze :D :shock: :o :)

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Welcome and thanks for taking all this on!
Tahoe - 21' under construction

LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of "Buffalo" Bill Cody and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Josh

Glad you're coming in Sept. The Gathering makes this a community. Not just a bulletin board. :D You'll put faces and voices to the people. It makes it personal.

Bill :D
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Best of luck Josh. I will look forward to meeting you. My old high school buddy Craig and I put on a "spaghetti dinner" on Thursday evening during the Gathering. It serves as a good way to kick of the weekend, meet new people and talk to old friends, and everyone is invited. So if possible, try to get there on Thursday or sooner. See you in September,,,, Take Care,,,, Neel

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Josh: It is good to hear from you. I look forward to meeting you and Anika at the gathering in Sept. It is lots of fun with many great people. I have been around the forum for some time. I don't have alot of knowledge about all the dsigns, but will help in any way I can.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

JimmY

Post by JimmY »

Hi Josh,

Welcome and thanks for keeping these plans and forum going.
-Jim
Nothing says poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape!

JoshFromGlen-L

Post by JoshFromGlen-L »

Thank you everyone for the hospitality and support.

Yes, excited to be coming to the event. We're going to bring the kids along as well.

Josh

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Josh,

Glad to have someone keeping Glen-l alive. I have gone through a similar experience with a small business that was purchased from a family and I know how hard that was.

You will get plenty of powerboat rides at the gathering. Two years ago there were two Minuetes as well.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

JoshFromGlen-L

Post by JoshFromGlen-L »

Thanks, Matt! That's great.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Josh

I'm trying to have a small Tahoe ready. I'm sure Butch Barto will have the big one ready. Bob Maskle will probably have his Sea Knight.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens »

rumor has it, the two Tru-Grits are trying to rendezvous, on the GreatLoop, up in canada.
rumor has it, a Monte-Carlo has a reservation, and a DoubleEagle trying to get ready
Oak..........the juice ain't worth the squeeze :D :shock: :o :)

JoshFromGlen-L

Post by JoshFromGlen-L »

Sounds like a great sampling of designs!

Josh

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Thanks for saying Hello! Really glad to hear you will be making the trip east for the Gathering! See you there! While I have sold my Zip, I will have my Hank Bravo designed Tango 13 there along with wife and 7 year old. Happy for the future of Glen-L designs.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”