Hello

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

boat2driver

Hello

Post by boat2driver » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 am

I am beginning to build the Glen-L 14 Sloop. I live in Western Michigan (Grand Rapids), so I have a lot of places to sail, including, when I feel adventurous, Lake Michigan, 30 miles away. My "home" lake is in East Grand Rapids, only 1 mile from my home, Reed's Lake of 265 acres.

I have not had a boat since I sold my 1956 Lightning (Hull # 735), which I sailed on Muskegon Lake and Grand Traverse Bay. I sold it in 1995, so it's been a while.

I am a fire investigator with Grand Rapids Fire Department. I plan on launching in Spring 2011, although that depends on how busy I am with fires, which takes away from building time but shortens the material purchasing schedule.

I am most looking forward to introducing my teenage daughter to sailing.

jamundsen

Re: Hello

Post by jamundsen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:04 am

Welcome to the forum. I used to live in Harford, south of GR. These are great folks here on the forum.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

areame

Post by areame » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:27 am

Hey, I live in grand haven just west of you, if you need marine ply Johnson's Workbench in Grand Rapids can get you that; that's what I'm using for my squirt build.

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 am

Welcome. Our little family is growing by leaps and bounds.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”