Hi from Noblesville, IN

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

clsilcox

Hi from Noblesville, IN

Post by clsilcox »

Greetings! My husband has been reading and entertaining the idea of (us) building a boat. We just learned of the G2012 gathering in TN, and would like to speak with someone about the cabins that may be available, the events, etc. Look forward to hearing from you!

Trackhappy
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Building Gentry.

Re: Hi from Noblesville, IN

Post by Trackhappy »

Hi and welcome. Check out this thread to start with, has a bunch of info.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=16195&hilit=check+in

The regulars will chime in pretty soon to help you.

Edit - and the menu:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=16831&hilit=gathering
By the time I have built a boat, I'll be ready to build a boat....

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Just Google "Hales Bar Marina". Then call them. THey don't seem to be very resondsive to e-mail.

Welcome,
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Welcome,

Nice to see more Hoosiers here. I am on the westside of the city in Avon. Let me know if I can be any assistance on local sources of materials. I used Northwest Lumber for the wood they are located over near Eagle Creek on Lafayette Rd.

Which Glen-L boat are you interested in building?

The Gathering is a great place to get ideas, see many of the boats first hand, meet great people, eat great food and go for a rides. Youll come away with more than one design that you want to build, I guarantee it. :D I think there are still some land cabins available. Be sure to read the posts under the 2012 Gathering thread on this site and check out the pictures from last year.

-Chris

clsilcox

Post by clsilcox »

Thanks much! We reserved a land cabin and are looking forward to learning lots and meeting everyone. How great to know we even have people like Chris (in Avon) close to us! Will check out the different posts to figure out how this all works. Cheers!
Chris and Ann

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Thats great. If you post on the Nametags thread under the Gathering 2012 headline Ray will make nametags for you so we all know who each other are.

The meals are mostly pitch-ins on the dock by the floating cabins as you may have read, we are in need of desserts, if you can bring/make a dessert for the nights you are attending that would be great. Be sure to introduce yourselves and ask for rides in the boats you like.

-Chris

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”