And so it begins

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Two J's

And so it begins

Post by Two J's »

And so it begins. Hello everyone my name is Jim and I live in Augusta, GA (we have a little golf tournament here each year). I'm just beginning a "Belle Isle" project and I'm really getting excited about it. I haven't always lived in the south but moved here in 1965 courtesy of my uncle sam. I married a southern belle, Ruthie, and have been here every since. Its a great place. I grew up in Washington State on San Juan Island in the town of Friday Harbor. It also is a great place especially if you like the water and boating. I spent my summers crewing on a commericial salmon purse seiner and I have loved the water since. I spent five years in the army flying helicopters back when the military thought it would be nice to spend our time in Southeast Asia. A trying time indeed. I still fly regularly in my L-19 "Birddog" or if momma comes along our Cessna 182. I like building stuff and will try anything. I build an RV-4 aircraft years ago and although it took five years to complete it was quite satisfying. I flew it all over the US including the "big show" in Oshkosh, Wi.
Although I have never done business with Glen-L I have to say I am very impressed with how Gayle runs their company. She is wonderful to talk to and is so enthusiastic about the company. My questions have all been answered timely and the things I ordered shipped right away. Thanks Gayle and Darla. (Happy birthday Darla). I hope to make some new friends within the Glen-L family so if any of "you all" find yourself if Georgia please stop in.

Thanks
Jim Jatho

Grand Chillin

Re: And so it begins

Post by Grand Chillin »

Welcome Aboard Jim,

I was born in the Garden City and now live right across the river in Aiken county. Nice little boat you decided to start with. :wink: Oh, and there will be more. :shock: :wink: :lol:

Good Luck,
Chip
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Welcome Jim - You will fit right in. It is amazing how many of our builders are also pilots. There is a connection.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Andy Garrett

Post by Andy Garrett »

Welcome Jim!

What is it about building a boat that attracts flyers? LOTS of pilots around here!

The Belle Isle is on my short list of 'next builds' but I need a bigger garage first. Good luck with yours and be sure to post plenty of pics!
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Welcome Jim. You have got the experience of a large project behind you so you know what to expect in that regard with such a large project. Enjoy the build, I look forward to following it.

I am always in Augusta during Masters week flying folks from our company into Daniel Field.

-Chris

Two J's

Post by Two J's »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to meet you all at the next g meet. Grand Chillin we should get together sometime. I keep the airplanes at Twin Lakes in Aiken Co.
Jim

Grand Chillin

Post by Grand Chillin »

Jim,

Getting together would be great. Where is twin Lakes?
A secret to a good marriage is to have a quick mind and a slow mouth!!!

Two J's

Post by Two J's »

Grand Chillin
Twin Lakes is on Bettis Academy rd about 3 miles north of I-20. If you get off I-20 at the Ganiteville exit then go north you can't miss it. Its on the left past sage mill industrial park. :D

Jim

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”