intro for the goat

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

goatram

intro for the goat

Post by goatram »

I hate to say it But this is my third attempt to post my intro and tell you all who I am and why I am here.

My Name is John Risser aka goatram. I came by the name cause I own and raise goats that keep my property cleared. I also used to own a Dodge Ram Truck. 4 of them in the past 10 years. I now drive a F350 Dually. I test drive sold me on the new Fords. I retired from the US Air Force after 20 years in 1997. Loaded bombs and then cross trained into Jet Engines and then became a Crew Chief on the F16. On my retirement I was back in Jet Engines in the Shop at Misawa AB Japan. A good Life that allows me to play some now.

I have owned three boats so far in the last 15 years. My current boat is a Aluminum 2004 North River 21' Seahawk I have heavily modified it to include a Pilothouse and Selfbailing Deck. September of this year I bought a Aluminum Boat Hull from the Seattle's Craigslist. I was promised a set of plans to further complete it when I got it in Clarkston, WA. It had a unique bow that no one in my ircle new who designed it. The Seller had started the build with Riddle Marine in Lewiston, ID in 2009. He had a falling out with the owner and bulled the boat across the river to Clarkston where Dale Bean of Bean Marine Fabrication Extended the hull by 30" by installing a Offshore/Swimstep Bracket for twin F250s. I got it with no floors, fuel tanks, Windows, or interior. The Boat now has 2 ea 104 gallon fuel tanks installed, a 48" X 63" insulated Fishbox and 95% of the Floor Structure installed. The Cabin is being removed to raise the roof by 8" to compensate for the larger tanks installed for and aft. Fwd of the third rib from the stern The fishbox is aft of it.
Attachments
front29'boat.jpg
29'build3.jpg
29'build2.jpg
Last edited by goatram on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gayle Brantuk

Re: test

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Nice to meet you on the Forum and also to talk to you today by phone. This is your Coronado, right?

Bill CNC

Re: test

Post by Bill CNC »

John,

WELCOME, ... your amongst friends. :mrgreen:

Bill
Bill

TNT Build, ... On Going, ... http://tinyurl.com/abmae64

The Freebie Zip, ... On Going, ...http://tinyurl.com/at3udss

Super Spartan Build "Miss Tripindicular", ... Completed, ...http://tinyurl.com/b488wsz

goatram

Re: intro for the goat

Post by goatram »

yes it is. I have the Build on two other sites now under my same user name. The Journey begins on Aluminum Ally Boats and also on BD Outdoors, Washington State Board as the Journey.

My Current Boat is a 21' Aluminum Northriver Seahawk that I have already heavily modified with a Al Pilothouse, Air Ride seats and a self Bailing Deck
Attachments
What my new boat will look like
What my new boat will look like
on the water out of Everett, WA
on the water out of Everett, WA
In the shop ready for sea trials
In the shop ready for sea trials

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”