Hello From NW Ohio

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

rjw

Hello From NW Ohio

Post by rjw »

Yahoo!

I just got my plans for a Waterlodge Two.

I've dreamed for years of living aboard - and despite limited funds I'm hoping I can build and live aboard my houseboat.

I'm planning on blogging my build when I get to it this coming spring.

And I'm looking forward to gathering a lot of info (and maybe sharing a little that I have) here in the forum.

rocker

Re: Hello From NW Ohio

Post by rocker »

You'll have no problem finding info here! I have found all I have to do is ask and thou shall receive! :D :D :D The friends on here are all more than willing to share their knowledge.
Just jump in and you'll have all the help you need. :wink:

jcallends

Post by jcallends »

Welcome to the blog, spent 3 days in Toledo area over Christmas with kids, grandkids, and great grandson, lived 39 years in Perrysburg. Look forward to seeing pictures of your build. I am building a Delta-Q that will see water this spring, see pic.
Attachments
House boat 10-12 002.JPG

rjw

Post by rjw »

Thanks, Scott - - - - hmmm fingerlakes -

Maybe you can help - if, er, when I get this launched, one idea I've had is heading east on Lake Erie from NW Ohio, through the Erie Camel, down Cuyaga Lake to Ithica, and then somehow hopscotching down to Williamsport for a few months (I have a lot of friends there and the Susquehanna has 15 navigable miles there)

Does that make any sort of sense?

rjw

Post by rjw »

jcallends

I lived in Perrysburg for 10 years or so - moved down towards BG last year.

So far, my "build" is for barely dipping my toes in the water - in choosing a set of plans, I've built several 1" - 1' models to evaluate

And I've now set up a room in my place to about the dimensions of the WL-Two to test livability in that amount of space!

My build<G> so far:

rocker

Post by rocker »

RJW,
The boating here is awesome!You can take the canal system from Seneca lake through Cayuga lake and out to the ocean if you want.I'm thinking of building a cruiser or houseboat next and going from Seneca lake to Marthas Vineyard.Its almost all protected waters.Just a piece from the tip of Long Island to Marthas which can be done easy on a nice day :) .I too would love to live aboard.

rjw

Post by rjw »

Thanks!

Out to the Cape is in one of my dreams - live aboard on Pleasant Bay in Chatham or Orleans (my old stomping grounds) although I doubt I'd try to make the run from the south Hudson through LI sound and then along CT, RI and southern MA to the Cape in a Waterlodge

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”