New Australian member

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Ben

New Australian member

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:25 am

I am interested in building the 'Riviera' 20' boat and would be interested to know anyone who has built one. I live on the east coast of Australia and design and make furniture for a living. It has long been on my bucket list to build a boat and look forward to being a part of this forum. Cheers, Ben

Trackhappy
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Building Gentry.

Re: New Australian member

Post by Trackhappy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Welcome Ben.
There are a few of us here now, hope to see you at next years Australian Gathering. Hopefully a Riviera builder will chime in, but you might need to ask specific questions.
By the time I have built a boat, I'll be ready to build a boat....

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Ben

Welcome :!: The Riviera is just a big Monaco. But most of the Mahoganies are pretty much the same build. so, ask away!

The guys down there will be a great help :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

jenko

Post by jenko » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:09 pm

welcome Ben, I am building a riviera You can see some pics here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12506.Or come and have a look I am located near Albury .
Where on the east coast are you?

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:02 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's good to see someone from the sunshine coast. Very interested to find out more about your riviera build. Cheers

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 am

Hi Jenko,

I have ordered the study plans for the Riviera and would like to get an idea of a ball park costing for such a boat. Can you help me out here in any way? Timber costs, fixings etc I can calculate quite easily. It's more the engine, trailer, upholstery etc I 'm not sure about. Cheers

Trackhappy
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Building Gentry.

Post by Trackhappy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Ben,
You would be more than welcome to come over one weekend to take a look at Gentry and chat, I am at Ilkley near the Ettamogah Pub. I have a spreadsheet with all the costs detailed for Gentry if you want it, but to build a trailer yourself you are looking at $1500-2000 approximately, and my fully fresh water cooled, turn key 350 Chevy engine was $12,000 from the USA. My upholstery was about $700, but could have been better so maybe allow a little more. Overall, about $45,000 and yours would be pretty similar unless you found bargains. Bear in mind that it comes over time though, buy some timber and the rest follows on.
Hope that helps.
By the time I have built a boat, I'll be ready to build a boat....

Old aussie

Post by Old aussie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Welcome Ben I am building a Riviera ,about half finished you are welcome to drop in and have a look and a chat. I live about 4 hours
drive up the coast near Gladstone. I can give you plenty of tips on what to do and what not to do, I learnt the hard way . my build
is Aussie Riviera......

Old Aussie Peter....

Ozzieboat

Post by Ozzieboat » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome Ben, As Bill already stated, the Riviera is just a slightly extended version of the Monaco. If you would like to inspect a completed Monaco send me a PM. I am at Loganholme, just north of Beenleigh. See customer photos.
ozzieboat

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:19 am

Old aussie wrote:Welcome Ben I am building a Riviera ,about half finished you are welcome to drop in and have a look and a chat. I live about 4 hours
drive up the coast near Gladstone. I can give you plenty of tips on what to do and what not to do, I learnt the hard way . my build
is Aussie Riviera......

Old Aussie Peter....
Thanks very much for the offer. If I'm heading up your way any time soon I would love to see it. I will take a look at the photos.

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:25 am

Ozzieboat wrote:Welcome Ben, As Bill already stated, the Riviera is just a slightly extended version of the Monaco. If you would like to inspect a completed Monaco send me a PM. I am at Loganholme, just north of Beenleigh. See customer photos.
ozzieboat
Thanks for the offer. I will PM over Xmas with a view of coming down to have a look. In the meantime I will take a look at the photos.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”