Desperado Downunder

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

auspete

Desperado Downunder

Post by auspete » Sat May 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Pete I live on the Murray River which is the Border between New South Wales and Victoria in Australia.
I have purchased Desperado plans and am in the planning stages.
I have been looking through the Forum and there doesn't seem to have been many built and catalogued here.
The best pics and info l have seen are off Sorentinos Desperado which is an outboard and I plan to power mine with a 190 HP Mercruiser.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Pete

jenko

Re: Desperado Downunder

Post by jenko » Sun May 25, 2014 1:54 am

Hi Pete ,
I also live on the Murray about 3.5 hours upstream good to hear there is another builder in the area I am building a riviera .
different build type but I am sure I can be of help

auspete

Post by auspete » Mon May 26, 2014 12:24 am

jenko wrote:Hi Pete ,
I also live on the Murray about 3.5 hours upstream good to hear there is another builder in the area I am building a riviera .
different build type but I am sure I can be of help
Thanks for the welcome Jenko, I have to work in Wodonga for a week every 6 weeks and sometimes make the trip across to Corryong, would love to have stickybeak at your project if times and dates work.

jenko

Post by jenko » Mon May 26, 2014 4:55 am

would welcome the visit I am around most of the time
Last edited by jenko on Mon May 26, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kic259

Post by kic259 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Pete, I have the plans for the Desperado but it is probably a while before I will start building. I have a new house being built at the moment with workshop in place of the 2 car garage. I have another boat I am fixing up a 6 metre fishing boat and I want to build a small skiff, around 3 metres, then I will get to the Desperado. In between I will have all the new house chores to do like the landscaping, decking, pergola, build a BBQ and Pizza oven etc etc.

I look forward to following your build and hopefully being able to emulate it.

kevin C

auspete

Post by auspete » Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 pm

kic259 wrote:Pete, I have the plans for the Desperado but it is probably a while before I will start building. I have a new house being built at the moment with workshop in place of the 2 car garage. I have another boat I am fixing up a 6 metre fishing boat and I want to build a small skiff, around 3 metres, then I will get to the Desperado. In between I will have all the new house chores to do like the landscaping, decking, pergola, build a BBQ and Pizza oven etc etc.

I look forward to following your build and hopefully being able to emulate it.

kevin C
Sounds good Kevin, I am still planning and about to start getting components together so once I have something to show I will begin posting pics,
Cheers Pete.

DB1969

Post by DB1969 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am

Hi Peter
darren Bennetts herefirst time boat builder in perth Western Australia
I would like to see how your desperado turned out and get any advice on the marine plywood frame 25mm and how that all came together and ifnot stood the test of time?

Id like to do it the same way with my Desperado ans

Also in a later post you mention CNC machining out the frame parts on Sound 8 software or such. Sounds very clever and well worth the mucking around if I can get that done here in Perth

That would really help me as I will have to do it with a jigsaw if I cant emulate your efforts!

Hope to see how she turned out. Hopefully you are pleased with the end result.

Cheers
Darren Bennetts
Tools@westnet.com.au
Darren Bennetts
Lesmurdie Perth, Western Australia

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”