Monaco builder from Australia

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

LarryMo

Re: Monaco builder from Australia

Post by LarryMo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Tim,

Many thanks for your response, along with the many others, to my initial posting on the GlenL blog site. One of the main reasons for me embarking on building my Manaco is because of you. Your photos and captions were a "major" influence. Courtesy of your postings and an article I read about your build in a magazine a few years ago I am now underway on the adventure of a lifetime. Since my last post I believe I have now sorted out the transom detail. The acid test comes though when there is mahogany dust on my boat-shed floor. With most of the timber frame components now transposed from the plans to the timber planks it should only be another week or two before the real fun begins with my brand new band saw.

I note that Cassell Marine was a big help for you during your build, Tim and courtesy of an opportunity I have to be in Sydney towards the end of July, I am going to visit them and see if they can also assist me with some of the many components I will be needing down the track.

It is looking more certain that I will be able to make the Yamba gathering at the end of October now and it will be terrific to catch up with you and to have a look over Sucre Comme. I have printed out photos of a couple of Monaco builds, yours included, and you're right, they're an invaluable help.

I really appreciate the number of responses received to date and look forward to hearing from more of you down the track. You really are a fantastic bunch.

Larry

LarryMo

Post by LarryMo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:27 pm

auspete wrote:Hi Larry,
Lots of Aussies on here, I am new myself.
Working on the Missus to get to Yamba but she isn't to good in the car, see how we go.'
Good luck wit h your project keep us posted.
Pete
Pete, hope to see you at Yamba. Good luck with the Missus.

LarryMo

Post by LarryMo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:28 pm

auspete wrote:Hi Larry,
Lots of Aussies on here, I am new myself.
Working on the Missus to get to Yamba but she isn't to good in the car, see how we go.'
Good luck wit h your project keep us posted.
Pete
Pete,

Hope to see you at Yamba. Good luck with the Missus. Larry

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”