Can't get this off my mind...

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Bluesman

Can't get this off my mind...

Postby Bluesman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:19 am

New to this forum and so far enjoying the thought of building a Key Largo, Riviera, Tahoe or similar. Currently I'm building a Factory Five MK IV Cobra Roadster so long complicated projects are in my wheelhouse. I became interested with a recent visit to Wolfeboro, NH and saw the T-shirts they were selling for the New England chapter of the antique and classic boat show, which happens to be starting today, July 25th. I live along the Mississippi river and own a 26ft. Manitou V-toon (triple hull pontoon) with a Yamaha V-max 250. While the pontoon is great for the river, I like the thought of building something nobody else has and can't buy off the showroom floor. Have to finish my car first but already dreaming of the next adventure!

Not sure who owns this one but really dig the lines on this Largo...
http://www.woodenboat.com/sites/default ... k=b8_I_7cH

Blues
LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of Buffalo Bill and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

vupilot

Re: Can't get this off my mind...

Postby vupilot » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Welcome,

I know we have at least one other FF Cobra builder turned boat-builder among the active members here, I've yet to see a trailer hitch on one though. :roll:

Bluesman

Postby Bluesman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Too low to the ground to pull a trailer but plenty of horsepower to do it!

Glen-L has a Cobra video posted on YouTube so there must be someone with a similar bent over there.
LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of Buffalo Bill and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

John B

Postby John B » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:14 am

Yes, I've been kicking around the idea of building a Factory Five car as well....my old Pontiac is on it's last legs and I need something else to drive that is sporty and FAST....and I'm not sure that my dream of finding "the right" 1968 GTO will ever come true.

Of course, first Gayle and I have to finish building our Glen-L boat....we hope it will be a beautiful example of a Glen-L []{}<>{}[]!
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Bluesman

Postby Bluesman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

What Pontiac do you have now? My first car was a 66' Catalina Convertible that I finally parted out in 2012 due to rust. This was indeed the catalyst that started me thinking about the Cobra roadster, I have (3) Pontiac V8 engines and no place to use them.... Would also be grand to use one in a runabout but all are too big for the designs I like.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”