Fire lit budget gone in Dufferin county Ontario

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Ve3hbj

Fire lit budget gone in Dufferin county Ontario

Postby Ve3hbj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:54 am

Hi all I bought my squirt plans about 10 years ago after seeing the power squadron's squirt at the boat show and have been sitting on them ever since without a budget to work with :( recently I found my plans while cleaning and sadly the blueprints have faded but I'm interested again (still no budget unfortunately) . This is the first time I've seen this forum though so here I am and lets see if next year I can build in some budget.

I live in Dufferin county Ontario Canada, 3 DD 23mths, and 1mth x2 (budget killers ;))

Thanks

Mannanj

Re: Fire lit budget gone in Dufferin county Ontario

Postby Mannanj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Welcome to the Forums!

You might have to do what I did when I built my home-built experimental airplane. I had to build it in what I call the "Johnny Cash way". You might remember his song "One Piece At A Time"!!!!!! you buy what you can, work on that while saving for the next piece.

Building my Barrelback the same way!
Msgt. Mannan Thomason USAF (Ret)
Bucket List Check Off In Progress
Starting Barrelback

galamb

Postby galamb » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Welcome aboard.

If/when you do get in a position to start your build, drop in the forum.

There are a number of good suppliers within an hours drive of your general location where you can get wood, epoxy, cloth, fasteners etc - everything you could possibly need.
Graham

Yes, Plywood is "real" wood :)

A "professional" is someone who gets paid for their work - it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at it :)

Ve3hbj

Postby Ve3hbj » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks this is a great forum. There's more than just Noah's I'm sure. I grew up 10 min from there but wasn't really interested in boat building then. Now I'm an hour away and have been there once and could have gotten lost inside.

John B

Postby John B » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 am

galamb wrote:Welcome aboard.

If/when you do get in a position to start your build, drop in the forum.

There are a number of good suppliers within an hours drive of your general location where you can get wood, epoxy, cloth, fasteners etc - everything you could possibly need.

And don't forget that Glen-L has all the epoxy, cloth, fastenings and fittings to complete your entire build!
http://www.glen-l.com
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”