New and about to go all in...

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

New and about to go all in...

Postby Daniel79 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm going to build me a boat!!! I'm form the Netherlands so excuse my poor English please. :wink:

A few years ago My father in law gave me a boat for my birthday. It needed a bit of TLC but that would not be a problem. After a few days my father in law cut the boat in half with a chainsaw !!! He said I was better of because the boat was too far gone. Well he owes me a boat now don't you think?
We decided to build a boat together so here I am anouncing tot the world I'm embarking on this adventure.

It's going to be a mahogany boat. Maybe a runabaout but altered. Because just about every runabout I see has the cockpit so far to the front of the boat that it just hasn't got that racing feeling. In the atachment I have put a jpeg of a runabaout and my quick vision of how it should be altered. And an example of a boat I think comes close to what I would like to build. Ideas, suggestions and warnings of all you experienced builders are greatly appreciated!

When the build commences I am planning on making a video documentary (I own a small production company) so everyone can follow the build and all of our mistakes and triumphs closely.

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

With kind regards,

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”