New Member: John - NE PA

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

John H.
Location: NE PA - though I play with people from all over from my little nest in the woods

New Member: John - NE PA

Postby John H. » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:11 am

- Workshop is ready!
- First plans are in hand! (Rowme - a good practice boat to finish and test before the ice is on)
- The Dragonfly is next (found a soon to be newbie boat building buddy to play with as we each build a Dragonfly)
- Then... who knows (my background includes years of building businesses, could there be a business in high end custom boat building in the NE? )

Let the building begin!

Background (just for sharing - I am going to need help and am happy to help in return - feel free to ask):
- raised in a small town by woods and lake
- has a little scuba shop in Anaheim Ca: taught divers and ran trips through tropical waters
- lots of school (MBA) in marketing / market research (put on a tie)
- decades of senior level experience in the corporate world (building business all around the country for multi-billion dollar companies)(built teams to handle marketing, sales, business development)
- back in the woods: caretaker for 110 year old hunting and fishing club (365 acres, 2 lakes, great workshop!, barn, boat house and little fleet of fishing boats - best part: being paid to walk the woods and cruise the lake... paid to live a dream come true)
- pretty handy (and getting handier since there is always something that needs attention around a place that is over 110 years old)
- love land and water, oceans and forests, exploring and adventure
- trained to build log cabins at some point
- built simple canoes with my daughter
- finally learned to pay attention to the voice of inspiration and jump in where that leads (that is how I ended up in the woods again)
.... I am sure more will come as we get to know each other....
Have FUN!
AND thanks in advance for any help and information you care to share along the way.

John

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”