New member from CT

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

rayar3

New member from CT

Postby rayar3 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Trying to decide what to build but I'm leaning towards a Cracker Box. I've got a set of flathead V8 marine exhaust manifolds so I figured I should build a boat around them. Nothing set in stone, still in the learning stage of the build before I decide which way to go.
Ray

1962 Grumman Aluminum Car Topper
1973 Glastron CV-16 project

Falcon

Re: New member from CT

Postby Falcon » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:47 am

Where about ijn ct.? I live in Ga. now, but lived in ct. most of my life. There were (years ago)a small group of guys on the ct river that had fast boats. look into that, see if they are still there. it might be a good place to run your project. I like the "cracker box"
Looking forward to watching your project. This sight is truly great. "ENJOY"
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

rayar3

Postby rayar3 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I'm in northern CT. What a strange forum this is. Everything has to be approved? Apparently my last post contained "illegal or pirated software links?" Strange, because I dot remember linking anything?!?

Yes, there are still a few groups that run the CT River. I'm also into Glastron's and have produced replica aluminum parts for restorations and such. I'm fortunate to have a family foundry background so the chromed bronze and aluminum trim parts to dress up these wooden boats will be fairly easy to produce.

I think I'm going to buy the plans to a Tiny Might and a Gentry. Learn from the Might and then go with the Gentry. Baby steps...
Ray

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:41 pm

rayar3

Only your first 3 have to be approved. There is a chance you may have cut by accident. If we have a lot of spam post you may have been hit with the crowd. Sorry.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:40 am

Going to watch your build..
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

rayar3

Postby rayar3 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:34 am

Thanks Bill. Looks like this is lucky #3 then. My build is going to be like watching paint dry! I actually thought of building something even smaller for my first build, like a CLC Cocktail Class Racer. I've visited their shop in Annapolis and it was a cool little boat. But too little for me, and if I built it, it would be for my cousins little ones. Instead I picked up a small Grumman aluminum row boat and will power it with a small 4-6hp set up with a helm.
Ray

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:02 am

Welcome to the forum Ray. Looking forward to seeing your project as it moves forward.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Are you around Enfield. I spent some time there while in the Navy. Nice Place.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”