New guy from SC

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Bredwinr

New guy from SC

Postby Bredwinr » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Howdy folks, just recently came into a boat I don't have much use for as it sits (1974 Starchief) but the boat was repowered in 2006 with a brand new Johnson 115 and the fella died shortly after, no more than 10-15 hours on the motor. His wife struggled for a years with parting with it and finally gave it up in 2014 when my dad acquired it. Soon after he got it and serviced everything he was due for a full hip replacement so the boat/project got passed on to me.

I'm looking to basically salvage the motor/controls/electronics and sell off the hull and hopefully modify the trailer after I build a Hankinson Flats Flyer, I'll be asking a million questions to those who have or are in the process of building the FF. This'll be my first but I've inlisted a buddy and his father in law who is a foreman at our local Beneteau plant.

jamundsen

Re: New guy from SC

Postby jamundsen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:20 am

Welcome aboard
Ask lots of questions and post lots of pictures
We like pictures
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

specialk

Postby specialk » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:37 am

Bredwinr.. great boat for your first build... I have had a blast with mine...and it sounds like you have a great donor boat... good luck and take a lot of pictures...
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

Bredwinr

Postby Bredwinr » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Greatly appreciated, I plan to document the entire build here when its time.

specialk, your build has been an absolute inspiration for my motivation behind the FF, I think I've got your build thread bookmarked on 2 PCs, my phone and my ipad :lol: :lol: :lol:

specialk

Postby specialk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:04 am

Thank you...one of my goals while building the FF...was to take lots of pictures and try to document the build very well...my wife and I have in one year...been in 3 red fish tournaments in fla...plus over 40 days in fla...fishing...and I quit counting the day on Lake Murray. ..I could not have picked a better boat for us...and our style of fishing...
I have been in water so skinny...2/3 of a crab trap was exposed. ..and polled right past it...
Will try and keep up with your build...and if I can help...or you want to go for a ride...and I can tell you what I would do different. .let me know...
2nd Boat.....?

specialk

Postby specialk » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:49 am

Hey just checkin... back see how things are going...looking for pic...
2nd Boat.....?

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”