New guy from KS

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Jklein

New guy from KS

Postby Jklein » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:01 pm

My son and I built a cedar strip canoe a few years ago and I think I a ready to start researching a barrelback.
I am sure I will have questions and I am thankful this forum is here.
First question; there is a item of hardware that some wooden boats have down the front edge, I searched the list but I don't believe it is included. Any help?

Andy Garrett

Re: New guy from KS

Postby Andy Garrett » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:21 am

I believe you are referencing the 'cutwater'.
They are challenging to make, but we have an expert here that has made many for many builders.

I am just down the road from you in Haysville (south suburb of Wichita). If you have questions or just want to see a completed Glen-L boat, I'm happy to make myself available. (you buy the beer :wink: )
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Jklein

Re: New guy from KS

Postby Jklein » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Andy, thanks for the reply! Glad to hear I have a local resource. I will be attempting to make the cutwater myself but when I give up Ill give you a call. I would really like to see the boat but currently I am working in Savannah for an undermined amount of time. (aircraft contractor) Since I am away from home I am taking this opportunity to start the planning. Hopefully I will be back in a few months and I can begin construction this winter and take you up on the beer.
Cheers!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”