TNHaynes from Bartlett, TN

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

TNHaynes

TNHaynes from Bartlett, TN

Postby TNHaynes » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:15 am

Greetings from hot and humid Bartlett, TN. I've been looking at Glen-L website for some time now so I joined this forum to see if I could learn more. I have no woodworking skills other than building a fence gate. Wondering if I have what it takes to build a Water Lodge. I'll keep reading and see what happens.
Thanks,
TNHaynes

mrintense

Re: TNHaynes from Bartlett, TN

Postby mrintense » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:16 pm

Welcome to the forum TN. If you built the fence gate, you can build the boat. If there's something you don't understand or know how to do, the "Boat Building With Plywood" book (from Glen L) and this forum will generally get you where you need to be. The Water Lodge is a bigger boat so it will take longer, but all of these boats are a project made up of one step after the other with thinking steps in between. Take your time and make sure you have things thought through be fore committing to anything permanent and you'll get through this just fine. Nearly everyone here has never built a boat before and many of us (me included) have little or no previous boating experience, but there are many examples of fine craft coming out of this forum from those same people.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”