First-time builder - Hello to all

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

jaykal

First-time builder - Hello to all

Postby jaykal » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi all,
I'm Jay - 35 - married / no kids.
I've been toying around the idea of good "useful" projects and have landed on the boat. I'm about 6 months away from getting back into our new house. Having sold our previous house, and currently renting - I figured what better time to start some planning than now.

As of this point in time, I'm thinking about a Ski King stretched out to 16', or a Barrelback 19'. With no other considerations, I like the Barrelback better, but I also thought it could be a prudent choice to scale back my first build. (Less material, less weight, less engine).

I hope to be a regular once I get going here, but am going to keep searching and post for planning/prep type work, and see if I can start filling in the blanks!

Jay

specialk

Re: First-time builder - Hello to all

Postby specialk » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:30 am

Jay welcome... We all were first time builders at some point in are lives'... you have made a good choice in signing up, on this Forum... good luck with your build....!
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

jaykal

Re: First-time builder - Hello to all

Postby jaykal » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 am

Thanks!
I learned a while ago, the you're better off diving in, and not worrying about asking "dumb questions" for that very reason. You have to start somewhere!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”