Hello, new to this forum

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

specialk

Re: Hello, new to this forum

Postby specialk » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:09 am

Hendrik .. welcome to the boatbuilder connection... looking forward to watch your build...we all love lots of pictures...!
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Thanks Specialk,

I have been reading up on this forum for some time now, and there's just so much knowledge here. I hope to learn alot, for instance about the mechanical part of this project I'm taking on; most probably I'll have to get my hands on a used engine and drive so I'll have to get stuck in and rebuild those, but I lack experience on that part so that'll be interesting. Hoping to get some help here when the time comes...

For now I'm working on finishing the new shed during the weekends as it still needs alot of work. I've got most of my boatbuilding-materials already in place so once the workshop is finished I plan to slowly get started with the project.

I'm working on the drawings during the evenings if and when there's time to get it all to a point where I know I can safely start the build without having any major surprises later on.

When the time comes I'll share with you guys what I've come up with, and I'll be sure to post as much pictures of the build as I can.

Happy building!

Hendrik

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:10 am

Hendrik

Sorry, I deleted you original post by accident. It showed up for approval again today. I thought it was a duplicate post. I approved it yesterday or Kelly could not have replied.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:37 am

Bill,

No worries; I saw a type-o in there and made a change to the post myself :mrgreen: ... You'll all get to know me anyway so it'll be fine :D

Thanks,

Hendrik

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 am

image.jpeg

The shed is coming along steadily...

Cheers,

Hendrik

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:18 am

I found this version of the Tahoe 19 built by Ynot Yachts in Pittsburg PA. A beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Most of you have probably seen it already. Maybe I shouldnt change as much to the original design as I originally planned... Well, food for thought anyway as I haven't started my build yet. Please tet me know what you guys think, aspecially about making radical changes to an existing design.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks,

Hendrik

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:12 am

Hendrik

I saw this boat a couple of years ago at Mystic CT. Very nice. Neel Thompson was set up next to it. The judges actually liked Neel's Gentry better. But, they were in different categories. Both boats got awards.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:20 am

That Gentry is awesome. I can imagine both builds got awards!
That Tahoe hull is flawless as far as the pictures show.

Hendrik

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:43 am

The Tahoe won for a Professional Builder. The Gentry won for an Amateur Builder. As I said, the judges thought Neel beat him!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:55 am

It's really not surprising that an "amateur" could possibly produce a nicer boat than a "professional." Obviously not in every case but the professional has to figure out a way to make money which can sometimes lead to cutting corners. The amateur can take the money that they are not paying for the labor of the professional builder and buy better materials etc.

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:23 am

Hoodman,

I agree. The outcome of a project depends greatly on the builder's skill and budget.
I've never been to one of these shows before though; how are these boats being judged?

Hendrik

Pullie

Postby Pullie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:27 am

Welcome Hendrik,

What part of Holland are you from?

Gr. Paul

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 am

Hi Paul,

I updated my profile (as I should've done when signing up in the 1st place;-).
I'm located in Zutphen. Where are you at?

Hendrik

Pullie

Postby Pullie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Hahaha, i'm from Lochem.

Took my flying Saucer/zip out this afternoon. Dropped in at the Marshaven en we went up to Dieren and back, nice 2 hour trip.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last picture is not from today but shows the boat. Motor is replaced with 4 stroke 20hp outboard this year

Not sure if the pictures are working

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Paul,

How about that... We're practically neighbours!

Was nice out there today I'd guess. I was there as well meeting up with my parents as they came back from a 2-1/2 month voyage through Europe with their newly built 46 ft Rangeboat "Jan", designed by Nigel Irens:

image.jpeg

You built a great boat, bet she moves like a rocket with that 20 hp! I will have to check out your building-log this weekend:-)

Happy boating!

Hendrik

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”