New Member from Upstate NY

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

JeffW100

New Member from Upstate NY

Postby JeffW100 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello all, I am new to the forum and to woodworking as well. I don't have a lot of woodworking experience but I am a project guy and love a new challenge. I have built an airplane, a 427 Cobra, my house, and My latest project is a Daytona Coupe which is nearing completion For me that means I need a new project/challenge.I have added a picture of the nearly finished Coupe.In thinking about what to do next I was originally going to build a kayak, untill a friend said why don't you build a Chris Craft Rocket. I went home and Googled one and really didn't like it all that much. This started the wheels turning so I looked a little further and came across the Glen-L site and fell in love with the Gentry. I just love the lines. The next day I ordered the plans and a week later they were in my hands. Initially I wanted to build a Flat head Ford and put it in the Gentry but after much investigation I have decided to bench the flathead in favor of a turn key Marine motor. I have some projects to take care of before starting the boat but I expect that I will be on the forum dailey lurking and picking up what knowledge I can.

Jeff
Attachments
quarter view.jpg

Scot2640

Re: New Member from Upstate NY

Postby Scot2640 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Welcome Jeff! Nice to see another member so close by. I may need an extra pair of hands someday! I have a full wood shop I'm willing to trade for an engine consultant!
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

http://www.seadreamerproject.com
http://www.youtube.com/c/SixPointsWoodWorks

JeffW100

Postby JeffW100 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Scott, I'm happy to help anytime.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:51 am

Welcome, What kind of airplane did you build? Lots of like minded folks here. Great looking Coupe.

JeffW100

Postby JeffW100 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:59 am

Vu, I built an Avid Flyer MK4 that I put a EA 81 Subaru motor in. This was before the 4 stroke Rotax existed. It was kinda heavy but was more dependable than the 2 strokes of the day.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”