New member from Central PA.

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

vrodhd

New member from Central PA.

Postby vrodhd » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Good day! I've been interested in wooden boats for quite a long time, but only started my building research in the past few months. I've retired from the technology sector after 43 years of providing clients solutions to their telecommunication needs; it was fun, but was time to run!

Anyway, I'm visiting Gilford, NH with friends, one of whom is interested in possibly building a Glen-L powerboat, and was wondering if anyone on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee would be open to a visit and discussion about the experience they had with building their boat. We would really like to see the finished product and hear your story. Not sure which model would be in the mix, just looking for general information about the process. We're staying very close to the Winnipesaukee Yacht Club and do have access to a dock if you want to meet at "our" place... But, we are also open to travel just about to any place on the Lake to come to you! We arrive on Wednesday the 28th for a long weekend.

Any takers?

Thanks a bunch,

Mike

Bill Edmundson

Re: New member from Central PA.

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Mike

Welcome! I'm showing some NH builders on my pin map. I see 2 in central NH and 1 so. NH. We have Neel Thompson and somebody else in eastern PA and 2 in western PA. I don't show anyone in the center of the state. Almost all of our builders will be glad to talk with you. After your 3rd approved post you'll have access to Personal Mail (PM) and will be able to contact anybody on the forum directly. We encourage you to do most on the open forum. Everyone learns that way.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Re: New member from Central PA.

Postby vupilot » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Have you looked through the plans catalog here on Glen-L.com? What kind of boat are you interested in building? With 300 to choose from it can be hard to decide on just one.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”