New member from New Hampster

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Joee

New member from New Hampster

Postby Joee » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:21 am

Members

I'm a retired ol guy in southern New Hampshire. I tell people I'm a great fisherman. To that end spent 2 years building up a 14 ft boat from a 1961 Alumicraft hull striped
and fitted with a center console and other neat stuff that only great fishermen understand!

Motivated now in starting another project, I have great interest in GlenL's plans for the Aluminum version Jumbo 15 foot garvey hull. Since there are no study plans available, I'm hoping there is someone out there who kept a photo library of their assembly process.

Can anyone help with PIX or links???

Has anyone near southern NH built one of these boogers and can share do's and don't s???

Thanks -- Joe e (gonna take a nap now)

Roberta

Re: New member from New Hampster

Postby Roberta » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Welcome aboard!! Did you mean "16 ft. Jimbo" Garvey hull? There are a couple of them built in AL in the customer photo archives. Maybe you could contact the builders for more input. Also, there are other AL builders currently building other boats on the forum. Perhaps they will chime in with info.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Joee

Re: New member from New Hampster

Postby Joee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:09 am

Roberta

Yes, there is only 1 PIX in the gallery posted from Brian Burton's Aluminum build in 2001. There is also a set of 8 for a wooden version.

Joee

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”