Flats Flyer first build

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

flyguy1

Flats Flyer first build

Postby flyguy1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:32 am

Hello, I'm Flyguy from the Greenville, SC area. I'm looking to build a Flats Flyer in the near future. Pretty good with cabinetry, tools, etc. Checked the posts and didn't see where anyone had built one of these. Wondering how the process works. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Flats Flyer first build

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:38 am

Flyguy1

Actually, we have one Flats Flyer recently finished (Specialk), near you. And, at least one under construction right now.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25639

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

specialk

Re: Flats Flyer first build

Postby specialk » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:34 am

Flyguy... always glad to hear of another Flyer being build...I am just down the road from you in Gaston SC ... I see Bill gave you the link to my build.. there are two other people build a flyer at this time... one is in the panhandle of Florida ... and the other is near Macon Ga....
I don't make it to the Building Forum every day, but try to look in and check out friends build at least once a week...for the next 6 weeks I will be busy in some redfish tournaments around the southeast... at the end of January things slow down a little for me and if you get near Columbia, please let me know..one option is to meet at lake Murray.. and you could just check out my build...
I wish you the best of luck on your build... Take lots of pictures... and lets make the Flats Flyer the most popular boat build for Glen L.....!
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”