New Member from Texas

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

drm_wfd

New Member from Texas

Postby drm_wfd » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Howdy, Don Mancuso from Weatherford, TX. I am a retired electrical engineer from the military product aviation industry and the US Air Force. My sailing experience includes Prindle 16 cat, Cyclone, Hobie Cat 16, Catalina 22 owner and Snark owner. I have mid-level woodworking skills and lots of hand power tools along with a table saw. My current project is a replacement hull for a Snark sailboat, using the stitch and glue method. This is a "warm-up" for the Glen L 10 sailboat that I have plans to build. In addition to the plans, I already have the fastener kit and a epoxy/fiberglass kit. I have been reading the Forum posts for the last couple of years. Ya'll have provided some great ideas, guidance and inspiration. I look forward to more of the same.

mrfipp

Re: New Member from Texas

Postby mrfipp » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:30 am

Welcome to the forum from Lake Bridgeport, TX.

I'm looking forward to following your projects.

Zach

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:33 am

Welcome to the forum Don,

There are several Texas builders here including myself (Austin area). Skip just launched his Monaco last month (see "Making Progress on My Monaco thread) and I am building a Vera Cruise ("Building The Vera Cruise") thread.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Brad Tucker

Postby Brad Tucker » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm not from Texas but I'm glad someone says "Howdy" other than me (GA boy). I wish you the best!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”