Hello from Holland, MI

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

TomB

Hello from Holland, MI

Postby TomB » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 pm

After years of living vicariously through builders on this board, I am finally ready to say hello. I placed a lumber order today so it is finally time to make some saw dust and new friends!

I’ve built all kind of stuff...nothing that floats. A long planning process started with idea of a small sailboat build and progressed to the notion of building the biggest piece of “floating furniture” I could build in the garage. The build got derailed when my wife explained just how wrong I was to even think about a boat build next to her car.

Now several years later after selling that house and building a new home with a workshop suitable for a boat build (out of my spouse’s way) I am finally mostly ready. Plans are on the way for the Tahoe 23 and should arrive about the same time the lumber gets unloaded.

The Tahoe builders out there should brace themselves for the flood of questions. I am excited and relieved to finally get started.

Tom

Bill Edmundson

Re: Hello from Holland, MI

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Tom

Welcome! Bring on the questions! Look at my pictures below.

Most of the cold mold mahoganies are built the same basic way. There will be lots of help and support here!

Come to the Gathering in September! There will be several boats that you can crawl through!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

TomB

Re: Hello from Holland, MI

Postby TomB » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Thanks Bill, your photos will be a big help. I started with Barrelback plans six years ago and have been lurking ever since. Your build along with several others nudged me toward the Tahoe. Gayle put the plans in the mail today. Ten sheets of Hydroteck and frame lumber plus some extra are due on Tuesday.

Tom

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”